Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Anybody good with Excel? I have a link to a Nice Setup sheet if anyone is good with Excel and can reproduce this it would be great for notating the Default setup or Custom setup then making any changes that follow. Here's the link take a look and if anyone can produce this it would be helpful to everyone. I just don't see paying $8.99 for one print-out.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/24605448/Setup-Worksheet-Blank-PDF

I didn't think there were any more car changes after the last FFB patch or DLC added cars

You can change your car once. Therefore, if Boothy was not driving a Mercedes before the last race, he's stuck with the Merc. I other words, you can change car once after the triggering event, even if not right away, but that's it. So I'm forever in the Ruf unless they come out with another DLC or a patch.

I actually didn’t find it bad at all here in these cars. Only part that I find tricky at the moment is turn 3 where it’s very easy to drift off to the right there if you get it wrong. It’s made all the harder by the apex being obscured by the car window frame (for me at least). It seems a much longer lap in these cars compared to F1 which does the lap around 25+ seconds faster than we are currently managing. There’s definitely most time to be gained for me in those first 4 turns and just little bits here and there around the track as I get more attuned to it.

There’s not many places that I would expect to see cars having problems here unlike Oulton Park which was much more challenging to drive. I quite like turn 5 which is a decent challenge with a tight turn 6 quickly following but I was hoping the Schumacher S might be a tougher proposition only to find that once you get a bit of confidence it’s flat out but does at least have a more challenging turn 10 to follow, we may see some cars sliding off track onto the large run-off area there.

I’m looking forward to seeing how everyone progresses here so let’s keep this thread alive with info. Always love to get the gen on how everyone is doing in the break between races :thumbsup:

I don't think it's bad here at all. I think it's amazingly real. As good as Codemasters were/are with tracks, certain bumps, the closeness of certain corners (like the U-Turn, where you can practically reach out and grab the grass, the feel of the kerbs (some flat and some very bumpy, like in real life, and the narrow/wide contrast, all bring this place to life. F1 was a great game for what it was, but the tracks were fairly lifeless. I love how some of the blind left-handers (two in particular), are off camber, but at the same time, have differing radius's, so it make them easy to confuse if not paying attention. This is a deceptively easy track. In other words, there if more time...way more time, than you think. That's why I prefer it to Hockenheim or Silverstone. Hock is a no brainer. Silverstone is fun, but a bit flat and boring except for the weather. Nurburg also brings up some serious confusion re: setup. At least for me.

So the replay problem of only being able to view a short period at the start is still apparent is it? Does that happen on all videos or just online ones?

No, it's supposed to work to record the whole race. A bug is preventing playback. All my saved races read an hour or more. But they only play the first few minutes. No idea why. That's why I stream. It's better anyway, because you can see all my actions, the gears, what I look at, etc. Although T.V. cam is nice, having the start is good enough for now.

FEEDER SERIES - GP3 SCHEDULE

1. Saturday, July 4th - Brands Hatch GP

2. Saturday July 25th - Zolder

3. Saturday, August 8th - Brno

4. Saturday, August 29th - Imola GP

5. Saturday, September 5th - Cadwell Park GP

Last edited:
Petit GP3 Series
gp3-series-logo-gp3-media-services.png

Intro:
Gutiérrez, Bottas, Kvyat, Vergne, Sainz in F1. Newgarten, Coletti, and Jakes in IndyCar. All raced in GP3 since 2010. Needless to say, domination here is a good omen for a seat in the big leagues. Get your seat for virtual racing now aboard the best SIM on the console and prepare to learn the subtle ways of a high-end open wheel machine.

The Car -- Dallara GP3/10 (2012)

Format
:
A race weekend features one 15-minute practice session, and one 15-minute qualifying session, followed by one race lasting approximately 30 minutes. The qualifying session is a straight fight for the fastest lap time, and determines the order of the grid.

1. - 10
2. - 8
3. - 6
4. - 5
5. - 4
6. - 3
7. - 2
8. - 1
Pole for Race: 2 points
Fastest lap: 1 point (75% of race driven)

- The Schedule is here.
- Assists: none, cockpit only.
- Tire Wear = 3x; Weather = Random; Standing Start.
- Rules of the Road are the same as in the British GT Championship League.
- Races will be posted in this thread and signups should include Name, Gamertag, and Car #.
- All races are sprint races...no mandatory pits stops.
- A.I. inserted at 90% to eight unless we reach eight human players.

Last edited:
Brands Hatch GP
Saturday, July 4, 2015
British GP - GP3 Series
4:30pm US EDT, 9:30pm GMT

1. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / #62
2. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #6
3. Matthew Booth / Boothy / #__
4. Michael Watts / machaei watts / #14

Assists: none, cockpit only
Tire Wear = 3x; Weather = Random; Standing Start
Rules of the Road are the same as in the British GT Championship League
Races are posted in this thread and signups should include a Real Name, Gamertag, and Car #.
All races are sprint races...no mandatory pits stops.

15 min. Practice
15 min. Qualification
30 minute Race (22 laps)
3x Tire Wear

Last edited:
I like this track, its fast and challenging. I just worry about people dive-bombing turn 1 and getting damaged or spun. Turn 1 hairpin is so open there are 15 different lines that can be run there but they always tend to lead to contact when you put cars close together .ie like at the Start of the race. Could end up like Oulton Park again.

Well, there is no reason why someone should bully their way to the front on the first turn of the first lap. This track is Not Oulton Park and passing is very possible with 26 laps, this race does not have to be won on the first lap. Fortunately with the Damage model if you run into the back of someone you will experience overheating. I personally always like to take the first few corners conservatively, because the Telemetry shows brakes are cold and that first corner is a going to be crazy with a 2x2 start. Not even Pole position will be safe....LoL in-fact the best starting position may be Last. :cautious:

I don't think it's bad here at all. I think it's amazingly real. As good as Codemasters were/are with tracks, certain bumps, the closeness of certain corners (like the U-Turn, where you can practically reach out and grab the grass, the feel of the kerbs (some flat and some very bumpy, like in real life, and the narrow/wide contrast, all bring this place to life. F1 was a great game for what it was, but the tracks were fairly lifeless. I love how some of the blind left-handers (two in particular), are off camber, but at the same time, have differing radius's, so it make them easy to confuse if not paying attention. This is a deceptively easy track. In other words, there if more time...way more time, than you think. That's why I prefer it to Hockenheim or Silverstone. Hock is a no brainer. Silverstone is fun, but a bit flat and boring except for the weather. Nurburg also brings up some serious confusion re: setup. At least for me.
When I said bad I wasn't referring to the way SMS have made the track (they've done a bang up job on every track that I can see so far) I was just pointing out that I didn't find it particularly challenging in response to your 'less forgiving' comment as I found it to be the opposite on my first couple of runs. It's not in the same league as Silverstone (Maggotts, Becketts complex, Copse, Stowe, Brooklands, Luffield.. all corners I enjoy and with their own challenge) but then I am biased as thats always been one of my favourites while Nurburgring has always been one of my least liked. I'm sure i'll learn to love it once I start properly next week :thumbsup:

Well, there is no reason why someone should bully their way to the front on the first turn of the first lap. This track is Not Oulton Park and passing is very possible with 26 laps, this race does not have to be won on the first lap. Fortunately with the Damage model if you run into the back of someone you will experience overheating. I personally always like to take the first few corners conservatively, because the Telemetry shows brakes are cold and that first corner is a going to be crazy with a 2x2 start. Not even Pole position will be safe....LoL in-fact the best starting position may be Last. :cautious:
Absolutely agree.. there's plenty of time to make up positions and into that first corner on the start there is no reason to put anyone else's race in danger by making some silly misjudged move to gain a place or two. There's going to be a lot of congestion around those first four turns on lap 1 so everyone just needs to be sensible and give the race a chance to develop.

With the first long race just a couple of weeks away and pit stops therefore coming into play I am just wondering whether we ought to start looking seriously at whether there is anything we can do to minimise the possibility of the pit stop bug wrecking peoples races. There seems to be some thought that having Mechanical Breakdowns 'off' prevents them so maybe we should look into this before the first race where pit stops will play a part.

The look left, look right feature is ok, but cumbersome when you are trying to hit your marks unless you are on a straight. But the Big Mirror in the HUD is very informative, If you see a car behind you and then you don't see a car assume he's beside you. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%