Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Good set of numbers coming up. helpfully people remember to sign up in the race thread to! My car choice will be up shortly, I blame work for holding me up on important testing lol.

I am more then likely to be choosing Audi, Aston Martin or Ruf. There is already an army of BMW's.

It's tough isn't it? The Audi fits me as comfortable as a glove (although I'm sure there still can be some better tuning done) but I really love how the Ruf feels in the corners and in general. Yet, I can't get the Ruf to stop oversteering without overheating the tires or compromising the front end. :mad:

Can this championship begin @9pm?
10pm is in hungary 11pm :(
It's always tough setting times with people across the globe, but if we get too early in the day, the folks in North America have problems due to daily weekend obligations, etc. and then if we go too late, the further away you get from GMT, it gets pretty late as you pointed out.
Best I can say is that, at least it's on a Saturday...and there will be more short races than long. :thumbsup:

I will be sleeping like a baby then, will be on till about 9.30 my time, i need to get my head around tyre strat, and fuel loads lol
I can say this -- unless we go to 4x tire wear, then tire compound will not matter, as softs will last as long as you want. However, you can set reasonably quicker times with 60l vs. 90l of fuel, so a 20 lap advantage on fresh tires -- does that equal a second a lap or so? Because if it does, then maybe a two stopper is better.

Learned something new yesterday. If you are in Practice you can actually monitor other cars on the track and see Telemetry (except tire temps). This could be useful for someone good at tuning to help be a Engineer of sorts while putting down practice laps allowing the Driver to focus on driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%