Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

The timings of these things is always tough to sort out. Just have to go with what gets most people on the grid. If it's at times that are difficult for me I'll always make whatever i can.
Wifi sorted here in Sharm El Sheikh so i'll keep up with stuff on here whenever i can... providing I'm not too:whistling:busy by the pool with the odd cocktail or beer:thumbsup:
:)

Reactions: Rob
The timings of these things is always tough to sort out. Just have to go with what gets most people on the grid. If it's at times that are difficult for me I'll always make whatever i can.
Wifi sorted here in Sharm El Sheikh so i'll keep up with stuff on here whenever i can... providing I'm not too:whistling:busy by the pool with the odd cocktail or beer:thumbsup:
:)

You enjoy yourself! Don't worry about us...we will be here when you get back. There is a practice race this Saturday @ 5:30pm U.S. EDT, so we will see how that works out. Looks beautiful:
PL0035_Sharm_El_Sheikh_03BD_1.jpg

Well, it's official, not only does the British GT Series allow ABS and TCS, but also SCS. Here is a good article I found:
https://www.press.bmwgroup-sport.co...Id=52&id=T0134467EN&left_menu_item=node__7109

And there are others. The British GT, like the Blancpain Series and Italian GT Series, follows the FIA GT3 rules, which allow stability control systems. So, if you were wondering why all were turned "on" in the game (when set to "real") that's why. I have found interviews from drivers who say that the systems are wonderful, but they are very intrusive and hard to get used to. But all in all, it's accurate, and that's the key for me.

I was wondering why these suckers were not sliding off at every turn. Try driving one with them off and you will get a rude awakening. Possible, but this is a good place to start.

I was worried about the Stability Control, but apparently it's tied into the TC and just as part of the ECU as the other aids. Well...have fun. There are plenty of other things to worry about anyway...and I still slide on occasion!

Yea. Those laps were at race pace. 100l. of fuel in the tank. But I had softs on. Still have not tuned the car, though. It's default for the most part. Most of the effort so far was getting the ffb right.

First, and most importantly, reset your wheel to default using the "Y" button on the controller page, then set your "Tire Force" to 50 or close.

Do not touch any settings in the "global" ffb page (calibrate & configure under the game controls in your options) besides the ones mentioned on the first page of Jack Spade's first page (see below) but in addition, set the Force Feedback to 100 always, the Speed Sensitivity to 50 (these differ from the defaults and Jack Spade's front page).

Then, go into the individual car setup. Choose the category that you like best (for each car AND for different driving preferences, which are described therein):

Excel: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download
PDF: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download

These are adapted from Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files - basically it's his FFB settings, in a spreadsheet so that console users can enter them into their game and use the same FFB settings as PC users are enjoying.

I have tested these and they are spot on to me. I use classic but with the Lateral SoP set to the same as Fy and the SoP Diff set to the same as Fx.

The beautiful part about these settings is that they feel wonderful. And they are ready made to suit every driving style for every car in the game. In essence, the ffb is solved. And it will only get better after SMS improves it. Good luck!

--Rob W.

Last edited:
If you have a bug, you are not along. Despite the potential of pCARS and the satisfaction when all goes right, there is a long list of "known issues" they are reportedly addressing: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ead-(XB1)-Not-for-bug-reporting!-Update-22-05

Many of these are addressed in the second patch (an initial patch was simultaneous with the release, and your game should be 18.5GB to date):
Project CARS – Xbox One Patch 1.3 - Fixed Issues
Gamepad Controllers:
* Added ABS brake rumble to Xbox One triggers, so that the triggers will rumble on losing traction when braking. The amount of trigger rumble is controlled together with Force Feedback strength via the Force Feedback slider.
* Improved the efficiency of the controller rumble effect, to help make the steering more responsive on the Xbox One.
* Fixed an issue where moving the sticks from one extreme to the other would sometimes result in the steering getting stuck.
* Reworked the Xbox One analogue sticks range and axis dead zones, providing much improved steering control.

Wheel Controllers:
* Fanatec wheels – Fixed the issue with steering jolts that some users experience.

Online:
* Fixed an occasional crash when advancing from Qualifying to Race.
* Fixed an occasional crash when returning from a race to the Race Central.

Time Trial:
* Set Time Trials starting time to 11am to match the PC platform. This ensures consistent track temperatures across all platforms, as track temperatures affect lap times.

Ghosts:
* Enabled saving of community event ghosts. These ghosts are automatically stored online, and you can then download ghosts of other players’ laps for these events.

Tracks:
* Sakitto and Summerton variations - Corrected track info regarding number of turns and track length.
* Sakitto Sprint - Fixed a crash that would at times occur when using time acceleration.
* Cadwell variations - Fixed draw distance issues on various objects.
* Oschersleben variations - Fixed odd lights around track and colour issues with the horizon.
* Zolder - Fixed an issue where the player car would sometimes start in a closed garage.

AI:
* Fixed an issue where AI vehicles were sometimes sent to the pits due to low fuel on races where refueling is not allowed.

Pitstops:
* Pitstop strategy will now use the actual bar value for tyre pressures.
* Fixed an issue where the Pit engineer would repeatedly inform the player that a pit crew member has lost a wheel nut during pit stops.
* Fixed an issue where the Pit Engineer would call the player to stop for fuel when fuel consumption was disabled in options.

Replays:
* Improved the smoothness of the sun, moon, stars, and shadow motion when rewinding replays of a race that had a high time acceleration.

Driver Network Profile:
* Fixed an issue where at times the miles driven on a particular track or with a particular car would be logged under the wrong car or track. This improves the accuracy of the player’s Affinity ratings.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ARS-Xbox-One-Upcoming-Patch-1-3-Release-notes

BUT...I still don't see a specific mention of the ffb issue on the Thrustmaster. It would be nice, but maybe fixing this takes longer that usual or maybe they consider the current game acceptable. It's not bad, but that would be a shame :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%