Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

attachment.php

- Black line: direction of applied force to each tire
- Concentric shockwave: (the ring around the tire); size = total applied force
- Color: grip indicator (see below). The closer you are to the grip limit, the more red the circle becomes.
- Vertical scale: suspension travel
- Bold figure: also a grip indicator. 100 means that you're right at the top of the maximum grip, everything above means that your tire begins to slide.
- Yellow line: FFB indicator (I don't know whether this is relevant for game pad rumble, but it definitely is for wheels)
- Tyre color: (blue=cold; green=optimal; red=too hot)
- Engine temp: You have to look for the information available in the cockpit I'm afraid (digital dashes or others).

attachment.php

- Black line: direction of applied force to each tire
- Concentric shockwave: (the ring around the tire); size = total applied force
- Color: grip indicator (see below). The closer you are to the grip limit, the more red the circle becomes.
- Vertical scale: suspension travel
- Bold figure: also a grip indicator. 100 means that you're right at the top of the maximum grip, everything above means that your tire begins to slide.
- Yellow line: FFB indicator (I don't know whether this is relevant for game pad rumble, but it definitely is for wheels)
- Tyre color: (blue=cold; green=optimal; red=too hot)
- Engine temp: You have to look for the information available in the cockpit I'm afraid (digital dashes or others).
how do we know what the wear on the tyres?? or car damage status???

how do we know what the wear on the tyres?? or car damage status???

We really don't per se. They say that will be patched later, but you really just have to "feel" it (as in F1) or take a look at the telemetry very closely and if you notice unusual heating in the corners and cooling on the straights, then the tire has lost its ability to retain heat, which means it's thin.

Tire wear will be 2x in this league, for several reasons, so please practice this way!

1. Admin positions have been assigned. Peter Hooper has agreed to be the co-director of this league, as he has been in the past with GRID and Shift2, I believe. Thank you Peter. Railer will continue as Chief Steward, as we continue to lean on his vast knowledge of racing etiquette and real racing experience, and Dylan has agreed to be Associate Steward. Thank you everyone for the help!

2, Practice race this weekend, same time as the league race, 10:30pm GMT. Will be at Silverstone just to get familiar with that first track, and be pretty informal. Love to have you if you can make it. I'll be doing some outreach on other sites...and anyone feel free to do the same, re: this league.

3. Also thinking of creating an open wheel "zero-to-hero" multi-player career race on Wednesday nights. It would basically follow the format in the offline career, but have no assists and be done in league format so we could take the open wheel path through all of the cars. Any thoughts?

Also thinking of creating an open wheel "zero-to-hero" multi-player career race on Wednesday nights. It would basically follow the format in the offline career, but have no assists and be done in league format so we could take the open wheel path through all of the cars. Any thoughts?

Wednesday night UK or US?

I would be interested if it's at night for us because I have to work every Saturday, so this would be a time I would be available.

Wednesday night UK or US?

I would be interested if it's at night for us because I have to work every Saturday, so this would be a time I would be available.

Yea, basically your night our late afternoon sort of thing. The idea would be to leave time for people to be able to get off of work over here, but not too late over there. This would not be a long race, maybe 45-1hr. max. Basically follow the career open wheel zero to hero path in career, but on multiplayer.

2, Practice race this weekend, same time as the league race, 10:30pm GMT. Will be at Silverstone just to get familiar with that first track, and be pretty informal. Love to have you if you can make it. I'll be doing some outreach on other sites...and anyone feel free to do the same, re: this league.
I dont know how i missed this but if races are at that time then im defo out, couldnt commit to those times not to mention i will be ****ed come 11pm i wouldnt be 100% in the slightest. sorry rob
Good luck with the league hope you get some full grids

Last edited:
It's hard to please everyone. Here in North America, people are eating dinner about 10-11p your time. Then, after that, it gets too late. I may look to move it up but then several in the U.K. complain about it being too early in the day. So it's hard to win. :O_o:

Yea, we just keep getting back to 3-6p U.S. EDT. Just have to pick a time and hope for the best. Can't please everyone, I'm afraid. Dan, are you saying 10pm is past your bedtime? I think you mentioned "wiped out" but not sure what you meant. It will probably have to hit around there.

Yea, we just keep getting back to 3-6p U.S. EDT. Just have to pick a time and hope for the best. Can't please everyone, I'm afraid. Dan, are you saying 10pm is past your bedtime? I think you mentioned "wiped out" but not sure what you meant. It will probably have to hit around there.
i have a condition called chronic fatigue syndrome/ME so i cant do late nights because i do need my sleep lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back