Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Regarding ABS, I found this an interesting comment:
Discussions about ABS are always fun. You can guarantee that some people will opine that a 'good driver' is better than ABS. Those who suggest that 'good drivers' can out perform properly set up modern four-channel ABS systems are, in my experience, either older people who decry 'new fangled stuff' or people who consider themselves to be 'good drivers' and thus feel they can 'beat' ABS. There appears to be a 'badge of honour' in this.
However, I'm not aware of any racing driver at any level (up to and including F1) who has asked for ABS to be removed from their car where the rules allow it to be fitted (there may be some but they are unusual even so). All other things being equal, a decent ABS system is a net benefit on any car be it road or race.
Memorably, Senna's much-vaunted performance at a wet Donington was done with ABS and TC. As such Senna never considered it much of a performance; although as his rivals also had ABS and TC one can still see that the quality of the driver shone through the murk and spray such was his inherent superiority racing in the wet.

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8802

I haven't raced without the
Dan and Dylan, let me know your experience with assists if you would. Since the series allows them, and the TC is more like racing TC, I decided to relent, but it's still a work in progress. Too much advantage? Just a little? Make the cars more drive-able for pad users? The actual series allows them. I'm still not too keen on ABS at the moment.

interesting post going on the the rd project cars main forum regarding real assists.

The only time ive really noticed it, doing a quali yesterday and it was raining so i turned the t/c slip down to reduce the amount of wheel spin in would give me which was fine, but in this game at the moment it doesnt tell you what the weather for the race will be and it doesnt give you a chance before the race to change your set up after quali. race was instead dry and the car balance because i had change the tc slip was awful.

I haven't raced without the

interesting post going on the the rd project cars main forum regarding real assists.

The only time ive really noticed it, doing a quali yesterday and it was raining so i turned the t/c slip down to reduce the amount of wheel spin in would give me which was fine, but in this game at the moment it doesnt tell you what the weather for the race will be and it doesnt give you a chance before the race to change your set up after quali. race was instead dry and the car balance because i had change the tc slip was awful.

Yea, I look at it now, through this game, as more of a tuning option rather than an assist. Interesting point about parc ferme. I had not pondered if the GT Series mandates that or not, but will find out.

its not parc ferme its the way the game is run.at the moment quali ends the race starts no breaks ect. hopefully something pcars can patch

Ahhh. I see. So you are stuck with the setup you bring to qualifying. Are you also stuck with the setup you bring to practice? Because in a seamless online race there would be no reset in theory. Maybe their should be if you can't change your setup from practice. I'll have to see what the British GT rules are from qualy to race...the "bug" may actually not matter.

Ahhh. I see. So you are stuck with the setup you bring to qualifying. Are you also stuck with the setup you bring to practice? Because in a seamless online race there would be no reset in theory. Maybe their should be if you can't change your setup from practice. I'll have to see what the British GT rules are from qualy to race...the "bug" may actually not matter.
you can amend your settings during quali just the moment the timer ends the page goes straight into the race so sitting around the garage f1 style

you can amend your settings during quali just the moment the timer ends the page goes straight into the race so sitting around the garage f1 style

Ok, that's good, because I cold not find anything in the regulations that said you had to race with the same thing you qualified with. Not exactly perfect since you would normally have time to adjust for weather, but don't forget, these races will either be run according to the weather that was already present when the last race on that track took place or the weather that will happen (forecast that is) when the real race takes place for this year.

what it does have
Ok, that's good, because I cold not find anything in the regulations that said you had to race with the same thing you qualified with. Not exactly perfect since you would normally have time to adjust for weather, but don't forget, these races will either be run according to the weather that was already present when the last race on that track took place or the weather that will happen (forecast that is) when the real race takes place for this year.
what we can do is have a 5 minute warm up tho before race, so any one who needs to pee between quali and race or make any changed can do it in the warm up session (just an idea, your see what i mean come tomorrow when you finally get the game :))

Guys,
Interesting stuff you are getting down to the details.

In case its of any interest on this subject Ill mention a couple of subtle things I have found with TCS.
Handling: It will other things being equal tend to make the car a bit more understeery. This is becasue that helpful bit of rotation at the rear (as traction is partially lost) that swings the rear around and gets you pointed where you want is reduced.
Wear: Rear wear is also reduced. This also makes the car (other things being equal) tend towards understeer later in a stint as front wear may exceed rear wear. So you can and possibly should make the set up a bit more pointy (oversteer) if TCS is to be switched on.:thumbsup:

Guys,
Interesting stuff you are getting down to the details.

In case its of any interest on this subject Ill mention a couple of subtle things I have found with TCS.
Handling: It will other things being equal tend to make the car a bit more understeery. This is becasue that helpful bit of rotation at the rear (as traction is partially lost) that swings the rear around and gets you pointed where you want is reduced.
Wear: Rear wear is also reduced. This also makes the car (other things being equal) tend towards understeer later in a stint as front wear may exceed rear wear. So you can and possibly should make the set up a bit more pointy (oversteer) if TCS is to be switched on.:thumbsup:

Very good stuff. Thanks. It's now coming back to me from my racing days. Generally we turned it off because, while it made you quicker for qualifying, in a race situation it had some serious negative consequences. Of course, at higher levels, like F1, these were mitigated by massively complicated electronics.

So quiet day at work today so i just took the z4 round for a spin at silverstone, havent touched set up and im sandbanging with alot of fuel in the car but my lap time was 2.04. just thought i would be the first to put a laptime down for the first race of the season

Anyone seen this also...

http://www.gamepur.com/news/18813-p...performance-xbox-one-4-7-dev-explains-no.html

No multiplayer lobby browser so just random matchmaking :thumbsdown: Not a biggie for me but a lot of people are not happy.

Answer from one of ther pCars guys:-

Okay, I checked and for first party reasons we can't offer a lobby browser on XB1. But we are looking into ways to improve the XB1 matchmaking.

Wonder why they can get that on PC and PS4 but not XBO :O_o:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years