Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Any races tonight going on? Only thing I have raced is the kart ao far, and be nice to get away from the aggresive ai.

The only thing that bugs me about this game, is you can only change from reverse to 1st (or vice versa) if you stop the car completely.
I would of but i spent wednesday night thurs and fri night n it and ive promised the lady that tonight i will be pcars free. shall be on tomorrow tho gamertag is DANDAN140787

Boothy, triple good news! Plus Hooper got a wheel, Chris will be forced to if I have to come to Newcastle and make him, and Watts just got a wheel (as did Railer).

Are you still on a pad. You may want to take a look at the assists rules. You may have a wee bit of a better driver now. :geek:
No wheel yet Robert, just the console and game at the moment. I'll be getting one soon after I'm back from my holiday though hopefully.

I'll be interested in this at some point Robert but not from the start as I'm on holiday at that point. I'll wait until i get my wheel and then once I'm up to speed with the game I'll join in at that point if places are still open.

Reactions: Rob
Just thought I'd post this because this guy makes me laugh, and he does a GT3 race also. You can get an idea of what a rolling start is like in the game. Also, I just watched the real life ALMS series at Laguna Seca, and saw something that I have never seen accurately represented in a video game...the red sausage kerbs inside the slower corner rumble strips in many corners at Laguna. pCARS has them. :)

My Gamertag is H3MB3RD
Fantastic to see the Name Dylan Hember pop up again.
I wont see you on track Dylan as I dont have Xbox one.
To those who dont know Dylan he is the founder of the community and league that became the X360 League. A very fast guy especially on Monaco where he is a god and a true gent.

When you turned 18 Richard said, "see you in 3 years". He wasn't far out it seems.

Fantastic to see the Name Dylan Hember pop up again.
I wont see you on track Dylan as I dont have Xbox one.
To those who dont know Dylan he is the founder of the community and league that became the X360 League. A very fast guy especially on Monaco where he is a god and a true gent.

When you turned 18 Richard said, "see you in 3 years". He wasn't far out it seems.

Lot's of guys, like @Peter Hooper remember Dylan too. Some very kind words and praise. Glad to see you here. I'll be in touch.

Name / Gamertag / Car Choice & livery

1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RG-8 GT3 #11 (Team Skydive Dubai)
2. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf RG-8 GT3 #09 (Team Skydive Dubai)
3. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / Aston Martin Vantage GT3 #__ (Team Aston Martin)
4. Daniel Smissen / DANDAN140787 / McLaren GT3
5. Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / McLaren GT3
6. Jalen Vaughn / Sentry Bravo / McLaren GT3 #23
7. Dren Hendy / Dren Throwdown / Ginetta GT3 #44
8. Michael Watts/ Michaei Watts / BMW Z4 GT3 #82 (Dyno-Might Motorsports)
9. Nick Dawes / Dawesy I / TBD
10. Alex Hinton / tha Sup3rN0va / RUF RGT-8 GT3 #81
11. Peter Németh / pedroHUN / BMW Z4 GT3 #7
12. Damon Harris / OcR Ceaser/ Aston Martin Vantage GT3 #108 (Team Aston Martin)
13. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / BMW Z4 GT3 #83 (Dyno-Might Motorsports)
14. Dante Davids/ XM8 x TrIcKsTeR/ BMW Z4 GT3 #4
15. Kenvin Kirkbride / Ch1ps N Queso / Bentley Continental GT3 #88
16. Matthew Spurrell / HaveBlue / Mclaren GT3 #59

Reserves:
1. Aadam / Aadam K C / TBD
2. Dustin Stephan / videogamebum454 / Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 #88
3. Andre Torres / Matinhos / TBD
4. Bence Kiss / HUNXxDizZeExX / BMW Z4 GT3 #22
5. Darren Wilcock / xX wilabidd Xx / Ruf RG-8 GT3 #72

Last edited:
Here is a video (with comments) from the Steam Community re: Controller setup on the xbox. Hope it helps. (P.S. - If anyone is looking for a Thurstmaster guide, I have a notebook that may help, but much of the info can be found in the PC forums)

"Build 867. These settings should work well with most gamepads and are a good ground for further tweaking based on your personal preference. I am using an XBOX 360 controller. I'm also showing you a lap using the Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 at Monza so you can see how it behaves using these settings (all assists disabled). The steering isn't twitchy, you can approach both slow and fast corners without any issues."
20 Comments

0 is too extreme, very easy to lose the car without that wheel stiffness on the straights. Something like 20-30 would probably work well for you.

Nemesis
9 hours ago
I reduced the speed sensitivity to 0, it feels better, I think.
But even a very little push from a other car in my front side brings the Ford GT40 to sling and its really hard to catch then.
Some people say that the karts are hard to handle too, maybe it's the same difficult thing?
So far I have no problems with the most of the other very powerful cars, your controller setup works absolutely amazing.
Maybe some of the vehicles are just not Xbox controller friendly enough :-D
But o.k., I believe the developers will fix some stuff in the near future, maybe they will take care of some of their cars too :-P

Dmny
[author] 11 hours ago
You're welcome, you should come back and tell me if that helped. :)

Nemesis
11 hours ago
Ah o.k., I'll try that :)
At the moment it's at 65%, maybe that's too high for some cars with the engine in the back.
Thanks again :)

Dmny
[author] 11 hours ago
@nemesis: you are welcome. I think for correcting the oversteering behaviour of some cars a good idea is to lower the speed sensitivity, it basically makes your wheel looser, therefore easy to countersteer while cornering.

Dmny
[author] 11 hours ago
@sebson: try to decrease the speed sensitivity.

Nemesis
12 hours ago
Thank you very much Andrei :)
You've saved me a lot of time and trouble to find out what controller setup works or works not.
But I still have to use stability control for cars like the Ford GT40 Mk.IV, don't know how that car handles with a wheel, but with a controller it's not catchable when it starts to sling around.
The developers should really work on this too!
The real problem comes in online mode, because when the host deactivate all help systems, then normally I become the "Donut-King of Supercars" in that lobby :-D

sebson
19 hours ago
I'm using a Xbox One Controller with Project Cars, but the ingame steering angle wont go over 45 degrees. Is there a way to enable that? Otherwise I would have to drive very slow in the corners..
Since Steam doesn't let me update the description for some reason, here are the updated settings (for the launch version of the game):

Throttle Deadzone: 0%
Throttle Sensitivity: 30%
Brake Deadzone: 10%
Brake Sensitivity: 15%
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 50% (you should try different values to see what you like best). A higher value means smoother (less twitchy) steering but it can cause input lag.
Steering Deadzone: 5-10% (it depends on how worn your left stick is, 5% seems fine to me)
Steering Sensitivity: 0
Speed Sensitivity: 60-65% (this setting allows for small corrections, it basically makes the wheel less sensitive, especially on the straights)

Dmny
[author] May 8 @ 12:03pm
@=KG= Huels [GEN]: it's my favourite controller as well. The 360 one had a bad d-pad, but the One controller is pretty much perfect.

=KG= Huels [GEN]
May 8 @ 11:33am
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS. I have preched to people why The XboxOne controller is hands down the best feeling congroller I have ever placed in my hands. I have owned more controllers than most gamers will ever have. I use to review hardware so I know what I'm talking about. I don't play consoles but I can see why people choose Xbox over Playstation or Nintendo because of how amazing the controller is. I ended up buying three more of these the first month they were out.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=353272300

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
David I noticed you made the jump to PC a while back, something i want to do in the future.
Project cars is the best racing game on the consoles for me. It may lack some things, but for a true driving game, its a first for consoles (Apart from RacePro, which is the best game for money i reckon).
Look forward to racing with everyone.

Repsol HRT Kemmel fr.JPG

@Dylan Hember a little skin I did as HRT was not available in the FISI.

When I can get into public lobbies gt3 seems to be what people run. Im liking the bmw :)

Dan and Dylan, let me know your experience with assists if you would. Since the series allows them, and the TC is more like racing TC, I decided to relent, but it's still a work in progress. Too much advantage? Just a little? Make the cars more drive-able for pad users? The actual series allows them. I'm still not too keen on ABS at the moment.

Last edited:
Robert, I may need some tips on setting up my wheel when I do get the game. I'm sure you will have it all worked out by the time I get the game. I like that helmet view, the options available are awesome. Not sure how I feel about running assists, after weening myself off of them for GRID, RacePro and SHIFT2.

Robert, I may need some tips on setting up my wheel when I do get the game. I'm sure you will have it all worked out by the time I get the game. I like that helmet view, the options available are awesome. Not sure how I feel about running assists, after weening myself off of them for GRID, RacePro and SHIFT2.

The assist problem is twofold for me. (And I've been one of the biggest anti-assist guys out there, having taken my first league here an hardcore only PLR League in F1).

First, what if the series allows it? Every car in the British GT Championship MUST have Traction Control and ABS. Even if they didn't, they would. Why? Simple...if you get it right, it makes you faster (that's why it's banned in F1, otherwise it would be a moot point). But, and here's the rub, if you get it wrong, it will make you slower. Which brings me to #2.

Second, isn't TC just a dumb way of allowing people to be more arcade in a game that's already not real life? Before pCARS, the answer would have been easy -- yes. Assists in any console game aren't even close to the delicate racing assists used by professional drivers. Furthermore, some games have "built-in" assists on the console...in fact most, if not all, do. Forza5, for as good as it feels to drive, is nowhere even close to reality. This is immediately apparent (even with TC off) when you see pad users getting away with taps of the stick to steer a car. It's just not real. But they have to in order to sell games. The vast majority of SIM PC racers use wheels. So, the assists on the console where really an advantage that was artificial and excessive. It actually made you faster by simply (and stupidly) planting the car. But pCARS is different. Listen at 4:45 re: TC:
So, not only does pCARS make TC a *tuning* option, but if you get it wrong, you WILL be slower, which has heretofore been impossible on the console (given the same driver), IMO. Furthermore, the setting and option for TC are applied to cars that only have it in real life, so it leads me to believe they got it right...and it's more like racing TC than "dumb" TC in every other game before it. That's why it's being allowed. But I'm open to opinion.

Now, only if I could figure out ABS. The first point still applies, but I'm not sure about the second, as pCARS truly treats it as just "an assist" applied across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%