Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

IMG_20150627_173148_zpsjewqrqwf.jpg

Race Three - Oulton Park(2) Qualifying.
Nice and close in that midfield pack. Should mean for some good racing between us all :)

****Announcement****
Official Today, Eric Cline, has signed with Dyno-Might Motorsports and will run a 2nd Car (#83) sharing NVIDIA/ Slightly Mad Studios Development Group Sponsorship between two drivers. Michael Watts has enjoyed early success in the #82 NVIDIA BMW Z4 already this year, and Eric will be hoping for similar good fortunes as well. BMW has offered full factory support in the dual entry from Dyno-Might Motorsports. With BMW having a large presence in South Carolina with their Manufacturing facility, they believe both Drivers to be a good fit for representing them in the British GT series.
Eric Cline, 35, has great racing experience beginning in Karts, and quickly moving up the ladder to Junior Ginetta, Formula 1 test driver, and finally into the GT3 cars. Obviously we are happy to have him (Eric) with us here at Dyno-Might Motorsports. We look forward to working towards a great result and hopefully some Podiums in the future.

I hate this. When it happens to anyone. The survivors sort of informally agreed to give some fractions of points to those who get disconnected (not quit, but just cut off, like pCARS is prone to do). So 25% of your points for the place you were in if you get involuntarily disconnected within the first half of the race and 50% if during the second half.
I was just blazing mad.. I saw the storm outside just killing the glass then the Lightning. I just knew something was going to happen. I was having a brilliant race, 30 second lead, no mistakes and then I have "Electrical" issues. Before that the Car was very comfortable and I could push with very little stress to the car. I had even run a 1:33 lap with 45 L of fuel left. But yeah these things happen I guess, MotherNature can sure be a Cee, U, Next, Tuesday.
Of course I'm happy to see my Teammate Eric grab is first Podium in the #83 NVIDIA/Slightly Mad Studios BMW Z4 Car today. Good to see Dyno-Might Motorsports still on the Podium in the end.
I heard Railer was having to really save on fuel in the end. I'm sure it was an epic race. Congrats to Railer to hold on to the victory. There will be another battle in two weeks time. I'll see you guys in Germany.

Addendum after Race Two:
NOTE: Any driver who is involuntarily disconnects during the first half of the race will receive 25% of your points for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected. If the involuntary disconnection occurs within the second half of the race, 50% points will be awarded for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected.

Last edited:
I was just blazing mad.. I saw the storm outside just killing the glass then the Lightning. I just knew something was going to happen. I was having a brilliant race, 30 second lead, no mistakes and then I have "Electrical" issues. Before that the Car was very comfortable and I could push with very little stress to the car. I had even run a 1:33 lap with 45 L of fuel left. But yeah these things happen I guess, MotherNature can sure be a Cee, U, Next, Tuesday.
Of course I'm happy to see my Teammate Eric grab is first Podium in the #83 NVIDIA/Slightly Mad Studios BMW Z4 Car today. Good to see Dyno-Might Motorsports still on the Podium in the end.
I heard Railer was having to really save on fuel in the end. I'm sure it was an epic race. Congrats to Railer to hold on to the victory. There will be another battle in two weeks time. I'll see you guys in Germany.

Skydive Dubai bookended your teammate on the podium. We gave him some proper hazing, but my own mistake did me in. McNasty was consistent. Railer was gone.

Sorry about the storm Michael. One hour later, and I'd be hit. And Mike, disconnections now get some points. See the Rules section for clarification. We took an informal vote. It's just not fair to work that hard and come away with nothing.

FROM MY IN-CAR VIDEO ANALYSIS:
My race started off well enough. I got past Peter on the start and put some distance between us, then all hell broke loose. Chips' Bently spun right in front of me, with Boothy (and this is where the NASCAR knowledge comes in handy) chose wrong, as he explained, and clipped chips unintentionally while he was sideways. When I saw it unfold, I did what they tell you to do in "the big one" in NASCAR and that's aim straight at the car that's sideways directly in front of you and they will be gone by the time you get there...and what do you know...it worked! Lucky bastard I was. Chased Watts around for a while, knew that was going nowhere, but I was holding a four second gap pretty steady, as well as a four second gap from Caesar. I worried about the cars behind me. Too much so, in fact, as I stuffed the pylon at the second chicane on Lap Three. 1000 laps, never done it but no, it had to be in the race. Murphy's Law or stupidity...probably the latter. So, Peter, Peter, Caesar and HRH get past. HRH dropped away at the start of lap six, so he must have pitted or something.
That left me to try and chase down Peter H. for 4th, which proved to be pretty difficult, except for his off, which he rectified later. But it was a great battle throughout. On lap seven, there was a yellow car that I passed by the same pylon I hit...that must have been Boothy. I feel ya, I was just lucky. I was maintaining a pretty decent gap to Peter of 3-4 seconds, but was more worried about McNasty. Great battles over the next few laps re: time gaps. Someone fell out on Lap 11, but not sure who. May have been Boothy.
Then on Lap 19, after the second corner, I must have passed Peter, because he was crawling. Guess it was the wheel issue. :thumbsdown:. Into second I shot, but it was short lived because he caught up and got by in a hurry, it seemed. Peter had a little bobble at the kink on lap 20, which allowed McNasty to get past. On the same lap, McNasty also passed me when I ran wide on the second to last turn Nice job. Peter did one on his patented stealth passes in turn one on the next Lap (21). Looked back to check, no sign of Peter, when forward vision came back, he was in front. :mad:
Then passed McNasty again as he went wide on the same turn I did a lap before to pass me! Held him off for about four laps until he took advantage of a mistake I made on turn 2 lap 24.
Now the interesting part -- as you can see, on the banked U-Turn something goes completely haywire (felt like the left side collapsed) and the car was un-drivable for many seconds. McNasty got past here. Then right as I was going to pit, the car came back to me. Luckily, I didn't pit. Very odd indeed. Another bug probably.
I passed Peter's ghost on the right in sector three on lap 26 as he disconnected. :(
Chips stayed with us until the end despite being DQed and this gets 5th. Nice job to everyone.

Railer, the oil sheiks are very happy with their new sponsorship I hear....
My Full Race, Helmet Cam:

I appreciate that Robert, yeah the disconnect thing really sucks. The first thing I thought about when my vision turned from Red and I pulled my hand out of the hole in the drywall, was "I need a damn Back-up battery". But that wouldn't have even helped as I lost my Modem and Router as well. I'd have to put everything on the Back-up Battery and that's a whole lot of $$$. My power only flashed momentarily :mad:. I was already practicing with McNasty at Nurburgring when the storm came up and hit him, there in NC. It's just bad luck I guess, and cars occasionally have "electrical" issues. I would have liked to stay around and watch or at least rejoin the Party so I could hear what was going on. I had forgotten you would twitching.

Oulton Park, Race Two Results:
1. Railer - 25
2. McNasty - 18
3. Robert - 15
4. Ceasar - 12
5. Chips - 10
6. Peter E. - 8
7. Boothy - 6
X. Watts - 12.5 (lap 16 disco while 1st)
X. Peter H. - 9 (lap 26 disco while 2nd)

Standings After Oulton Park, Race Two:
1. Watts - 64.5
2. Ceaser - 48
3. Chips - 47.5
4. McNasty - 45
5. Railer - 40
6. Dylan - 37.5
7. Robert - 35
8. Boothy - 14
9. Dan - 10
10. Peter H. - 9
11. Peter E. - 8
12. Rob P. - 2

Unofficial Team Results:
SkyDive Dubai, Ltd. - 40
Dyno-Might Motorsports - 30.5

Last edited:
But the pad wouldn't come on

This is a well known issue. I had to have mine replaced, but it's basically a fault between the female end on the controller being shaky/unreliable and the make end pulling it down or around. I had to get a new controller from Microsoft. But you may be able to rig a way to get it to seat better. Also, batteries will work. You just have to replace them. And comms drop off suddenly if you don't toggle a switch every so aftern. That's why the TB is such a good investment. Among other reasons.

Nurburgring GP Circuit
British GT Championship
7/11/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT
From Rene Rast, five time 5 champion GT3 Champion during 2007-10212 running in the Porsche Carrera Cup (2x Champ) and the Porsche Supercup (3x Champ); playing Project Cars and loving it.
Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
Race: 10:15pm BST (26 laps, including formation lap)
(This is a "Short" race = approx. 1h)
_________________________​
Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2015 = Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 - 1:55.375
Day: Saturday
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
Damage: ON
Mechanical Failures: ON
Tire Wear: 2x
Fuel Usage: NORMAL
Flags and Penalties: ON
Auto Start Engine: YES
Assists: SET TO "REAL" AND COCKPIT OR HELMET MANDATORY
Weather: SET TO REAL WEATHER IN 2015 LOCATION OR LAST RACE RUN.
(for this race, Cloudy and Dry in all Sessions)
Time Progression: 2x
Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #11
2. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf RGT-8 GT3 #09
3. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 #__
4. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / BMW Z4 #83
5. Michael Watts / Michaei Watts / BMW Z4 #82
6. Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 #__
7. Peter Evans / Pulltheplug666 / Audi R8 LMS Ultra #__
8. Daniel Smissen / DANDAN140787 / TBD
9. Kevin Kirkbride/ Ch1ps N Queso / Bentley Continental GT3 #88

NOTES:
1. For shorter than one hour ("Short" races), no pit stop is required. Since the game (and the actual series) allows tires to run for one hour or longer if managed correctly, tire wear will be set to "2x" so as to encourage pit stops and strategy. Practice accordingly.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.

NOTE: Any driver who is involuntarily disconnects during the first half of the race will receive 25% of your points for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected. If the involuntary disconnection occurs within the second half of the race, 50% points will be awarded for the place you were in when you got involuntarily disconnected.

Last edited:
Oulton Park, Race Two Results:
1. Railer - 25
2. McNasty - 18
3. Robert - 15
4. Ceasar - 12
5. Chips - 10
6. Boothy - 8
7. Peter E. - 6
X. Watts - 12.5 (lap 16 disco while 1st)
X. Peter H. - 7.5 (lap 26 disco while 3rd)

Standings After Oulton Park, Race Two:
1. Watts - 64.5
2. Ceaser - 48
3. Chips - 47.5
4. McNasty - 45
5. Railer - 40
6. Dylan - 37.5
7. Robert - 35
8. Boothy - 16
9. Dan - 10
10. Peter H. - 7.5
11. Peter E. - 6
12. Rob P. - 2

Unofficial Team Results:
SkyDive Dubai, Ltd. - 40
Dyno-Might Motorsports - 30.5
I was in second when I got froze out Robert. Only Railer was ahead.

This is a well known issue. I had to have mine replaced, but it's basically a fault between the female end on the controller being shaky/unreliable and the make end pulling it down or around. I had to get a new controller from Microsoft. But you may be able to rig a way to get it to seat better. Also, batteries will work. You just have to replace them. And comms drop off suddenly if you don't toggle a switch every so aftern. That's why the TB is such a good investment. Among other reasons.
I'll check that out but it seems to work fine when it's the only controller connected. I assumed it was because only one can be connected at a time. Would love to pick up the TB but cash is short at the moment, insurance are playing up paying out for the holiday medical expenses so looks like it will be a while before those funds are replaced :mad:

Plus the TB still has the same problem of having to be connected via the controller doesn't it so that doesn't change the main issue.

Last edited:
I'll check that out but it seems to work fine when it's the only controller connected. I assumed it was because only one can be connected at a time. Would love to pick up the TB but cash is short at the moment, insurance are playing up paying out for the holiday medical expenses so looks like it will be a while before those funds are replaced :mad:

Plus the TB still has the same problem of having to be connected via the controller doesn't it so that doesn't change the main issue.
No, I connected to the controller fine and without hesitation or stoppage once I got the TB. The controller is fine to be connected at the same time, either by battery or USB. It's the small USB connection that causes the problem, which is why it's basically luck of the draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%