British Grand Prix - A Fan Experience (Live Updates and Insights)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 Fan Experience.jpg

Long time RaceDepartment community member
Craig Patteson will be at the British Grand Prix this year, and he plans on giving you a unique fans eye view of the experience live from the circuit!

Craig will be attending the race this season and has some enviable levels of access to the behind the scenes action, which he very kindly intends to share with our RaceDepartment community!

Speaking about the upcoming event, Craig gives us a flavor of what to expect:

"My intentions are to show the world of Formula One to people who might never have been to a Grand Prix event, and show what the fuss is all about ..."

"My plans are to go live on Facebook through FP1, FP2, FP3 for around 15 mins.. (then) "go live for the top 10 shoot out (in quali). (I will) go live at some point during the race for sure".

"I also intend to show you guys around the drivers lounge hospitality, and show you guys around other activities being done at Silverstone, like the F1 village which no doubt will have a beta of f1 2017 on hopefully......!"
Of course you will be able to catch all of Craig's live updates through our RaceDepartment Facebook page, and Craig will summarize his event experience in a "through the eyes of the fans" article later on in the week, once he's recovered from all the track action!

This is a brilliant idea from Craig and one that hopefully gives you all the opportunity to have an all too rare look behind the scenes at the world of Formula One behind closed doors.

Stay tuned to Facebook and RaceDepartment.com to hear more...

Check out the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussions on the world of Formula One racing.

Looking forward to the British Grand Prix? Will you be tuning in to Craig's updates? Let us know in the comments section below!

Just to let you guys know I won't be live for all of qualy maybe just the last 5 mins of q3 since that's went the most happens and I can if you guys want go live for formula 2 gp3 and the Porsche cup if you want it :)

Looking forward to the article though @Craig Patteson
Good luck with the comms. It's usually very hard getting a call or text messages out once the action starts.
And after all the action is over, try and get in to the BRDC after. A mate of mine and I managed to do it one year and they had the Aston Martin from Le Mans parked round the back. Awesome weekend. Hope you have a good one.

Looking forward to the article though @Craig Patteson
Good luck with the comms. It's usually very hard getting a call or text messages out once the action starts.
And after all the action is over, try and get in to the BRDC after. A mate of mine and I managed to do it one year and they had the Aston Martin from Le Mans parked round the back. Awesome weekend. Hope you have a good one.

Hopefully won't be too bad if it is I'll just have to take video and photos

Hopefully won't be too bad if it is I'll just have to take video and photos
Nice one. Used to go every year without fail when I lived in the UK. Loved the atmosphere and the parties at the camp sites. Nearly every circuit I've been to has something fun and different about it.
Will be great to see it even though I can't be there so looking forward to your pictures and videos.
Hope the weather is great, but even if it's not it's still a great experience.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%