Brightness problem on asphalt in HDR mode.

Hello everyone, maybe this topic has already been discussed. I had a problem of excessive brightness in the asphalt of tracks like Monza, Imola and Vallelunga in HDR mode. I solved the problem this way:

In the folder X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg, open the file hdr.ini. Edit BLOOM_BASE = 0.65 instead of 1.0.

Goodbye...and good race!:)

The biggest problem is that there is no brightness or gamma option for this game, what is it with racing simulators and nothing giving us these options?? I have spend allot of time to get my desktop brightness and gamma at the perfect settings, and there you have games these days where they dont bother to implement these options and you have to fiddle with your desktop settings.:devilish:

I find the light rendering to be generally accurate but I do agree that it would be nice to have in-game gamma options. The only time I find road glare an issue is when the sun is low on the horizon (early morning and evening) but that's how it should behave so I don't think it's a flaw in the game.

Last edited:
So there are others who have problems with too much brightness. I thought it was only me due to the changes i did previously with the "Photo Mode" where you can actually change the time, the position of the sun etc during one session and also, you can change the brightness etc.

Thank you @Cerbero

I have the same problem, whatever time of the day where the sun shines I have it but only in cockpit view, I was using HDR off for the tracks it had the issues, but I didn't realise you could use page up and down for it too :-O. Thanks for the tip!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back