Bridgehampton Race Circuit

Tracks Bridgehampton Race Circuit 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
LilSki submitted a new resource:

Bridgehampton Race Circuit - The "Bridge"

View attachment 97249

This is my first ever track and built from scratch using an original topographical map of the actual track and terrain before it was destroyed. Very much a work in progress so expect updates.

About
Built in 1957 the Bridgehampton Race Circuit was located in the heart of the Hamptons on Long Island NY. It was in operation until 1997 when ever growing public displeasure with the track caused it to be converted to a golf course. This track is modeled after...

Read more about this resource...

A very good and promising starting point. I would suggest reconsidering colour of the asphalt of the v. 0.0.0.5.1 , though, 'cause for me it seems to be too bright. I don't know which period You're aiming at - obviously the surface was much darker in the '50s, but even when comparing to movies and photos from '70s and '80s era, Your current version is very bleached out. Something darker, more close to the surface we can see on the preview YT clip would be better, I'd say.

I'm also not convinced about roughness of the asphalt (although the elevation transitions are great).

All and all, I'm looking forward to next versions of it!

Yeah the roughness is overall a work in progress. I'm not 100% happy with it either but I think it is overall better than perfectly smooth. And I agree about the road surface. The main point of this release was all the "technology" is in place. Such as proper use of shaders and such. So yes the colors of the various textures will be fine tuned from here on out. Thanks for the feedback!

Oh, I agree about the "smooth" part. Being a new AC user with high expectations, I've been a bit disappointed with many poor conversions of historic tracks, dumping most of them either because of low rez of the surface mesh, or ultra smoothness, which doesn't do AC's physics and FFB any justice.

Your track is notable exception. I just feel it might have the roughness trimmed just a little bit lower (though not being a modder, I don't know how simple or difficult task it is).

Found a problem with the pit spawn objects tonight with a few friends so only 2 can do multiplayer right now. Will fix shortly.

LilSki updated Bridgehampton Race Circuit with a new update entry:

Bridge 0.0.6

I am very sorry for the micro updates and I promise this is the last one. If you only do hot laps and don't mind the bright road surface you really don't need to get this version. This mainly fixes multiplayer and single player race weekends.

Change Log
  • Fixed pit boxes 3-24
  • Darker road surface
  • Slightly smaller bumps in road surface
  • Changed road edge detail texture to be more rough

Read the rest of this update entry...

LilSki submitted a new resource:

Bridgehampton Race Circuit - The "Bridge"

Some AI cars going off track after the first turn doesn't seem all that unrealistic to me. Aside from that small thing though, these are the best AI I've raced against -- at least in the Cobra c with vintage tires. These AI will actually pass and fight with you (I'm not the quickest with 1:51:xxx on a green track). Very cool track!

Read more about this resource...

About AI, check the mash of the road, which should be the only surface possible to be legal for driving (us and ai drivers). Check the Road mash is not going out of bounds, which is the tarmac only + white lines if used as seperate object.

Yeah I figured that all out the other night. I made it a seperate surface in the surfaces.ini. I turn off valid track for that surface and make a new ai file. Then I turn it back on as valid track and all is well.

I just wanted to mention here that I will most definitely be working on this project much more as time goes on. But I had planned to take a break during July. I have been working pretty steady on this for the past 4 months and need to take a break to get some other stuff done. I will still plug away at it when I have spare time but don't expect too many updates until after July. I wanted to release this version to get some interest in the project and it obviously worked. It should be complete enough to be fully functional it just needs a few tweaks to the road surface and obviously more details.

Bridge 0.0.7

Change Log
  • New bumps
  • Major change to 1st left turn and added a bit more banking to last left turn.
  • Lowered tires and moved them a bit further away from road surface
  • 2 stage sand. ~1 car width off track is slick but won't slow you down. Any further and it acts like a gravel trap.
  • Added some random skid marks in key corners
  • Added road color variations
  • Blended road to sand transitions
  • Added some signs
  • Changes to various textures and tweaked some colors...

As someone who actually raced at Bridgehampton in the Sixties, and road-tested both race cars and street cars there when I worked at Car and Driver magazine, and as someone who has worked on several earlier iterations of this venue for other sim racing platforms, I am delighted to report that this is the finest re-creation of this track I've ever seen. It was a great circuit (T1 is not only a lot faster than Eau Rouge, it's also--terrifyingly--downhill!) and now it's brought back to life exactly as it was.

Finally figured out cameras so here are some new ones. Made some changes to the original set and added two more. One set is all fixed angles. Just drop them in the data folder of the track.

Attachments

• cameras.ini
    5.5 KB · Views: 556
  • cameras_1.ini
    6.8 KB · Views: 526
  • cameras_2.ini
    8.6 KB · Views: 548

Bridge 0.0.8

Change Log
  • Added vegetation
  • Numerous texture changes and revamps
  • Changed and removed some grass
  • Moved and added trees that were previously incorrect for the time period.
  • Echo Valley remodeled
  • Dynamic sand on road. (At lower grip settings the sand will become more pronounced. It will dissipate as grip levels come up. Basically it works opposite of the racing groove)
  • New cameras ( 2 cameras provided by norbs)
  • New tree textures
  • New AI
  • New Sections.ini...

I think they are pretty darn fast and consistent. I spent a bunch of time making a nice smooth AI line for this version and i really think you would enjoy them and the track.

I think they are pretty darn fast and consistent. I spent a bunch of time making a nice smooth AI line for this version and i really think you would enjoy them and the track.
Definitely worth a try then, thanks.
Love your avatar, reminds me of my first "new" car - ordered just the way I wanted. By time I was done with my 77' T/A there wasn't any pollution controls to be found and pushing 425 HP. That car didn't see a winter and barely rain for the 6 years I had it...good times!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 43 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 94 13.7%