Brendon Hartley Secures Ferrari Development Role

You don't win the 24 hrs Le Man by not being good enough. Hes proven hes more than good enough, you want to say not good enough, say that about the team he was with, as thats whos to blame for his poor results in F1

Max V was in the same team and has gone on to better things.

I think as others have stated that f1 doesn't suit him tin tops do. Also I think the longer format works to his favour.

You don't win the 24 hrs Le Man by not being good enough. Hes proven hes more than good enough, you want to say not good enough, say that about the team he was with, as thats whos to blame for his poor results in F1

You win Le Mans by having the best car / team and 2 team mates.... and bit of luck in some cases...

i suppose there are at least four drivers out there for every formula one seat where most of us would not be able to tell the difference. there seems to be a miniscule group of the ubertalented (hamilton, vettel, verstappen + 3 or so more) while everyone else is on a more or less even talent level. To me it seems to be pure chance which factors at which time make you seem a good choice or not. i used to play sim-games with a belgian (?) chap who'd won the formule renault europe trophy and been invited to test the 3.5litre beast. he beat erikson, who was invited, too, that day but things never got together for him and he soon realized this and started at uni, doing a degree in engineering working on - you guessed it: racecars.

Neither Seb or Lewis could get near the podium in the current Torro Rosso if no other drivers retired...so still need a very good car...but yes clearly some drivers are better than others... Brendan as bad as he seemed would still in the Merc be top 5 at some races and possible podium on good day with bit of luck.....not good enough for the car or Merc though.... but you get my point i hope...

i'm with you. i guess leclerc showed last season what an outstanding talent could do in a non-winning car, and winning was certainly not an option. with hamilton it's a bit more difficult to gage, he has always been in a winning car so he could never achieve the vettel-monza-torro-rosso miracle, but i'm sure he would have done.

I get the feeling Hartley is just doing this to pass some time and gain experience in different fields. It was also just announced that he will be doing Sebring and Spa with SMP Racing so the guy clearly has speed and a technical understanding to the degree that his services are in demand. I would not at all be surprised if come the end of the year we see him in Formula E racing for Porsche alongside Neel Jani.
I think he was at TR simply because there was no one else to fill the second seat and as such Gasly was given the royal treatment while Hartley was used for his technical understanding to be the Guinea Pig and help Honda develop their engines and iron out any problems in time for Red Bull in 2019.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 158 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%