Bremgarten - 1950s

Tracks Bremgarten - 1950s 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Isn't that pretty stupid, since there is a specific entry to do exactly... that?!
I'm very sure that the stock AC detection isn't working like that, I remember testing some customized inis where Kerbs were set to non valid. And it worked pretty well.
(Sadly when the tyres on the tarmac bump into the air, the cut detection will instantly flag the lap to be invalid)
Some guys used to use it to simulate the tires running over marbles, etc. As you get the stone hitting the wheel well sound I think

If you haven't done so already, you might relocate one or two or reduce the "dust" patches through the quarry area so it's not so easy to disqualify a lap with RSR Live Timing. It's almost like an additional challenge to drive through there and get a valid lap. Everywhere else on the track is fine, no disqualifications, no issues.
I've tried to ensure that it's unlikely that all four wheels are on a dust patch at the same time, for V1.01

I don't know what RSR's criteria are for a cancelled lap, but since you seem to have had issues with scrapped laps on V1.0 would you be willing to test an updated version of the track before I release it?

Probably too late to chime in but wouldn´t it be easier to make another layout without the patches to be used for rsr, and keep the original intact? Just thinking out loud here; the issue is rsr, not the track

Last edited:
True, but I don't mind renaming a few patches of physical mesh (as I have to make other changes too).

I get the impression that the timing app has been abandoned by RSR, as it was impossible to get any response from them about Fonteny's track day timing issues, either.

Fat-Alfie updated Bremgarten - 1950s with a new update entry:

Bremgarten - 1950s - v1.01

A very minor update.

Changes:
- fixed position of AC_TIME_0_R so that a new lap is registered when going through the pitlane
- fixed one small section of floating grass by Quarry
- reduced brightness of some lights
- moved metal box inside the fencing by Eymatt
- added custom normal maps to the spectators to improve lighting when using CSP
-double-checked collision meshes of all walls, to prevent 'grabbing' contact

Read the rest of this update entry...

To celebrate the new update, I also updated our Bremgarten trackday server. I am not allowed to link to it in here, so you will have to find it by searching for VintageAC in the server list. All kunos cars. Fat Alfie might even set some laptimes that you can try to beat. hinthintnudgenudgehinthint... All work and no play make Alfie lose weight! So grab that pizza and have some fun ;)

finally I was able to play on this wonderful track while driving on the steering wheel. the steering wheel was under repair for a long time, and I was tormented by the keyboard. on the steering wheel, this track is seen in a completely different way, all the turns are undercarriage, and you can do power sliding in them, this is a lot of fun thank you Fat-Alfie

Thanks - glad you like them.

I'm working on Battenbergring at the moment (when I get time). It was pretty much finished except for the vegetation, but I decided to completely rework the village of Holzhausen that you drive through in the first part of the lap.

As there are very few photos from the 1950s I decided to just line the road that runs through the village with stone walls, with houses behind, but this has always felt like a bit of a cheat, to me. There's no Streetview for this part of Germany ( :rolleyes: ) so I have decided to work off modern aerial photos of the current buildings, adding all of the lawns, drives, gardens, sheds, walls and fences that I can make out.

It's a bit more work but hopefully should provide a more immersive environment to drive through when it's complete.

I also have Solitude on the back burner. I tend to switch between a few projects, just to keep myself motivated. If all goes well, Battenbergring should be done by Christmas :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back