Alright when was that again.....?

Prepare for a Bigger Smile from Ricciardo!

I hope the McLata will be tuned for his speed!

Fly Riccy fly!!

ricci.PNG

Yeah he has to change the clothes before entering his new Mc Club!

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I really hope I'm wrong but I'm not 100% sure if Danny has made a good choice here.

Whether he was ever in the frame for the second seat at Ferrari I don't know but that would have been his better option, even taking into account he may have been asked to play second fiddle to Charles.

Why am I saying this? Because McLaren (and Williams for example) are the dying breed of F1 teams. F1 is becoming more and more dominated by works backed efforts. The only exception is probably Racing Point but even they are heading towards to a works run setup.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do as I feel Danny is a great driver but also a great racer and personality and we need him on the grid but fingers crossed this goes ok for him :)

Thinking about it, going back to Mercedes engines and the new budget caps may well help them, looking ahead to 2021 :)

Lando and Danny Ric I believe will be one of the best pairings we've seen in a long time, both in terms of driving ability and off-track banter. Lando did quite well as a rookie (would've claimed a 5th I believe at Spa if the car didn't breakdown) and we all know Ricciardo is crazy fast in the right car...couple all that with McLaren getting a Merc engine soon, the car design shakeup and them bringing onboard key personnel in recent years....I think McLaren are gonna have a real chance at reclaiming their former glory days soon (or at least grabbing several podium spots per season).

Sainz and Leclerc are two of my favourite drivers and I think they will get along well at first, but they are also both fairly quiet and fiercely competitive so I'm not sure how long that camaraderie will last. As long as Ferrari don't screwup with the car or strategy, they have a chance...however:
41eqbw.jpg

I´m happy for Carlos. He's a great guy. Good person and a great pilot. I hope Alonso can return to F1 because he is one of the best drivers i have ever seen (unless you mean you have never seen him live (In real time)?)

Just a few corrections, hope you don't mind :thumbsup:

I am happy with Saintz going to Ferrari. The problem is politics in the team and i cant see Carlos doing a Barichello and giving in to Charles. He will want to win like anyone. So there will be a rivalry between the drivers. There is not a single driver on the grid who will not ruffle feathers of Charles. I think AMG-Mercedes will dominate and Red Bull will take 2nd in constructors. And Ferrari and politics will set them back to 3rd. Team mates are always fighting and at Ferrari this will always happen.

Sometimes i think teams should build 1 car and have drivers share it by running stints where you change drivers with tires so they do 50% distance. And run longer races 300-600 miles like in America.

In the 50's a driver would lead a team and a second driver would perform as team mate in sub par machinery to fill grid. Usually they would retire. Those days are over and despite the old adage "You are equal to your team mate" I never believed it. One driver will get better engineers and equipment. Team mates are basically rivals and might as well be racing on different teams. If you want to fix cost run 1 driver per team. Or have 2 drivers share one car. They can switch places on pit stops and run races 300-600 miles. You just need a rule that each driver runs 50%

Not sure if this a good move for Carlos. Being team mates with Charles, Lewis or Max will always be difficult, because these 3 drivers claim a number one role in their teams. At McLaren I think he had the upper hand and if McLaren will improve, it may be a future title contender again. I can hope only for one thing... that Carlos will be faster than Charles.:D

While I'd have preferred to have seen Ricciardo get the Ferrari drive I just don't think he would have the patience for a multi-season battle for dominance over Leclerc (whether that would even be possible is another story), and despite Daniel's speed and clean racing skills things could work out similar to the current Vettel & Leclerc pairing, with the tension and on-track contact.

Carlos Sainz has more time to simply let his results speak for themselves, and if he can consistently and cleanly outperform Leclerc then his support within Ferrari will grow.

Either way, whoever got the Ferrari drive would have a huge uphill battle as Leclerc has proven talent on the track (or in the sim rig) and he is very good at dealing with the politics & media.

Daniel Ricciardo's move to McLaren is a positive step for him anyway, especially as McLaren will have the Mercedes engines again.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing