Breaking News: Slightly Mad Studios Bought by Codemasters

Neither company can figure out how to use FFB to communicate front end feel in low speed corners. It's a match made in heaven!

I do enjoy F1 2019 quite a bit, though. PC2 on the other hand just breaks my heart because, on paper, it should be the greatest sim ever...in practice, it drives me nuts. Some phases of a corner, it's awesome, but then the next moment it has you pulling your hair out with frustration.

This probably means that both Project CARS: Revolution and the rumoured F&F thing is DOA.

SMS has some good tech; e.g. their loose surface tech is an obvious fit with DiRT: Rally, while their dynamic weather, tyre, VR and triple-screen tech would be good for all of the other Codies franchises such as F1 and GRID.

But, yeah, this *does* leave Reiza Studios in a somewhat precarious business position in terms of engine source code access down the road. Here's hoping that AMS2 will finally unlock the potential of the Project CARS franchise tech.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this shakes out...

Last edited:
At the very least it likely means inevitable watered down product as is the case when something gets corporatized & further expansion of Codemasters' **** should-have-been-base-content DLC model b/c people would rather prettier pictures than expanded content.

• Deleted member 955978

Who here does believe Codies will bring the casual crowds to simracing?
I don’t, it’s far too time consuming for them. So the question is, what will they do with SMS expertise?

• Deleted member 955978

You might need to study a little deeper on the subject to find out which kind of games actually bring crowds to sim racing. Codemasters' games definitely are definitely providers of lots and lots fresh blood to our beloved genre.

Every sim racer had an entry game.
Well, I guess not everyone has a father who put you right into GT Legends...

oops Ian Bell genes there too... So you might be right. ;)

• Deleted member 955978

AMS 2 being delayed makes me wonder if it was because of this. This is all bad in my opinion. I think that like has been previously stated. Anytime a product has 12 old men discussing their millions in bank, while sitting around a table. Whatever they come up with, is never going to be in benefit of the people outside of that 12 man group.
I will drive AMS1 until my old trusty pc breaks down. Only then I will reconsider, same with Kunos‘ ACC!

So no Mad Box console??????????

Oh the humanity.

If they can use the SMS graphics engine for codemasters F1 game would be nice.

But lets be honest this is just on paper transition.

SMS will be doing its thing, Codemasters its thing.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 40.0%