Alright when was that again.....?

All i know i grew up in a small town in south West England named Frome. My family where not rich nor poor middle class. The college had a nice estate where it is said the wealthiest of the town lived. The rumour is Jenson Button lived there.

All i am saying is it used to be be the driver did promo stuff for sponsors, often reluctantly. I guess these Millennials use there fame and stardom to promote politics. So there like politicians.

In my day politics was said to be kept out the workplace. And F1 is Lewis Workplace on track and even off.

There you go Lewis run for president. Kane West is running in America. Oh yea people like me ignore politicians.

"Mercedes threw billions at him to get through go carts and into F1."

Maybe miss quoted? They do know BillionS is more then 1 billion. A billion is 1 thousand million. What is he a cyborg prototype? Maybe that is why his vegan, cyborg stomach converts it all to vegetable oil for fuel and lubrication! Does the caller know what cyborg farts smell like?
Maybe miss quoted i don't know how much money it was. You have gross what you make then there is expenses food clothing water. And if running a racing team Tires fuel to get there and for race car ect.

All i know i grew up in a small town in south West England named Frome. My family where not rich nor poor middle class. The college had a nice estate where it is said the wealthiest of the town lived. The rumour is Jenson Button lived there.

All i am saying is it used to be be the driver did promo stuff for sponsors, often reluctantly. I guess these Millennials use there fame and stardom to promote politics. So there like politicians.

In my day politics was said to be kept out the workplace. And F1 is Lewis Workplace on track and even off.

There you go Lewis run for president. Kane West is running in America. Oh yea people like me ignore politicians.

Hamilton does a lot of stuff with sponsors, designed his own line of clothes etc. Supports many charities, but judging by your comments you see what you want to see.

I'm a big JB fan, but I doubt he came from a poor background.

Disagree, they should be using their platform for better.

Last edited:
Hamilton does a lot of stuff with sponsors, designed his own line of clothes etc. Supports many charities, but judging my your comments you see what you want to see.

I'm a big JB fan, but I doubt he came from a poor background.

Disagree, they should be using their platform for better.
Hes from my town of Frome he lived on the estate the other side of the college, from what i heard i never met him. I had a friend who said he was trying to get into F1. I did not believe it. But he seems like a nice person never got political just drove the car. Maybe did charity triathlons on the side but he never bragged about it.

"Mercedes threw billions at him to get through go carts and into F1."

Maybe miss quoted? They do know BillionS is more then 1 billion. A billion is 1 thousand million. What is he a cyborg prototype? Maybe that is why his vegan, cyborg stomach converts it all to vegetable oil for fuel and lubrication! Does the caller know what cyborg farts smell like?
I guess being vegetarian is no big deal. Most of the damage to ozone layer is from cow farts aka methane. So every plate of beef is saving the planet from a toxic cow. So if they all die we will have less pollution. Though i do agree with Lewis on not drinking beer cant stand stuff myself it like piss and carbonated water.

I feel like you're digging Hamilton out because he got backing? How is that fair?

He earnt the right to to get that backing if he had the talent, surely that must be the case as he has gone on to be very successful? You also appear to be applying that he got the chance because he is black? I think you're quick to forget that many do not because of their skin colour.

It's funny how people twist things to fit their views on certain topics, not just this but with everything in life. People see what they want to see.

Hamilton is a talent, he might not be my cup of tea but I respect what the man can do.
Yes talent ans skill is needed to survive in F1 and win races. But he has a team of geniuses working on car to make it as it is. Come salary cap this will make the team weaker as personnel go to other teams. Lets hope some end up at Williams. They need a break.

Hes from my town of Frome he lived on the estate the other side of the college, from what i heard i never met him. I had a friend who said he was trying to get into F1. I did not believe it. But he seems like a nice person never got political just drove the car. Maybe did charity triathlons on the side but he never bragged about it.

But each person is different and come from different backgrounds right? Racism is a topic that Hamilton being a black person should be rightly leading the way on, it needs to be talked about. Where does not talking about it get us? No where!

I really don't get the problem here.

But each person is different and come from different backgrounds right? Racism is a topic that Hamilton being a black person should be rightly leading the way on, it needs to be talked about. Where does not talking about it get us? No where!

I really don't get the problem here.
Yes i do experience racism in a way. I was born in England, but my mothers side is from Germany. I live in canada with many Jews. They call me a Natzi becuse that is how their shallow minds work. But i am caucasian so no body cares. I am all for equality but a culture can not be superior and above the law as some think they are. All men and Women are created equal in the eyes of the creator.

Yess i agree with Lewis Black lives matter but so do white yellow ect. When i was in school we had assembly and they would bring up bullying and stuff. It did not stop the crap being beat out of me every day. Or on the job.
If Lewis can pull it of in the next 3 years then give him a OBE he deserves it. But it will backfire as most political propaganda dose and be the same if not worse. World war 3 may bring us back to our senses but only that and that alone will do it.

I'm struggling to see the point of this thread in the F1 section, posted in reaction to a Facebook post, a source not exactly noted for its authenticity.

However in line with the topic, I find it difficult to believe that if this was common knowledge it wouldn't have been exposed before. Nothing our tabloids like more than sticking the boot in.

Racing Point Formula One driver Sergio Perez will miss the upcoming British Grand Prix after testing positive for Covid-19.
  • Perez well and self isolating.
  • Racing Point intend to announce replacement driver.
  • British GP weekend to proceed as scheduled.

In something of a surprise ahead of the fourth round of the FIA Formula One World Championship, Mexican driver Sergio Perez has been confirmed as showing positive signs of Covid-19, and will therefor miss at least the upcoming British Grand Prix, with racing Point expected to reveal who will stand in for their lead driver in the next few hours.

"Perez has entered self-quarantine in accordance with the instructions of the relevant public health authorities, and will continue to follow the procedure mandated by those authorities," read a statement issued by Formula 1 and the FIA.

"With assistance of the local organiser of the British Grand Prix, local health authorities and the FIA COVID-19 delegate, a full track and trace initiative has been undertaken and all close contacts have been quarantined.

"The procedures set out by the FIA and Formula 1 have provided for swift containment of an incident that will have no wider impact on this weekend’s event."

It is understood that Perez remains well despite his positive test, and is currently isolating.

For more from the world of Formula One, head over to the F1 sub forum here at RD and get involved in the conversation today!

jpg-10.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing