Alright when was that again.....?

I think you're a bit harsh. He was good right from the start of his first season, so good that he Alonso was pretty much forced to leave McLaren and return to Renault. He had some ups and downs with McLaren, but with Mercedes, he matured into an amazing driver. The only season when he didn't win the championship in 2016, it was a very close fight with Rosberg. And Rosberg didn't have the guts to defend his title against Hamilton. I lost a lot of respect for him when he chickened out like that. It's almost as if Rosberg knew he would not be able to do it again and his championship was a lucky occurence. I'm not the biggest Hamilton fan, but in my mind he's the best out there right now.
No I don't think I am being harsh! I take your point that he was competitive against Alonso in the McLaren but again that was the best car on the grid that year and between the two of them they gifted the championship to Raikkonen in a lesser machine! My point is Hamilton hasn't done enough in an uncompetitive drive to be compared with senna, Schumacher, Alonso! I would say the same about vettel, all his championships were in an unstoppable red bull but he really struggles when he is not at the front! No doubting lewis' speed but for me he needs to prove what the other greats have proved!

When somebody close to you ends up on a respirator and goes into a 3 months coma, maybe then your brain cells will get activated. Maybe.
Ya you just keep your head in the sand buddy! Not saying there isn't a virus but it is not acceptable to close down the world because there is a tiny percentage of people at risk! If you want to stay at home under the covers that's fine but let everyone else get on with life! More chance of getting hit by a car than getting something serious with this covid! Life is a risk. Deal with it!

Ya you just keep your head in the sand buddy! Not saying there isn't a virus but it is not acceptable to close down the world because there is a tiny percentage of people at risk! If you want to stay at home under the covers that's fine but let everyone else get on with life! More chance of getting hit by a car than getting something serious with this covid! Life is a risk. Deal with it!
I guess you're already in a coma.
Cheers!

Maybe he just doesnt like hamilton? He is not well liked afterall so its just a tad possible.
Or maybe as he says it might actually make it interesting in the coming races.

Fair enough ...that's pretty standard. I just can't get the mentality of one who thinks the only way to succeed in anything in life, is for someone else to fail.

i thought the aim was to beat someone fair and square, no excuses. Just like last weekend.

So much people voted for Verstappen (including me, but that's not serious). I don't think they have such tire problems anymore and they seem pretty fast in P1 already. Or maybe they are having fun with their party mode, as long as they could. :)

• Deleted member 963434

But Hamilton's not even full Black. Willy T. Ribs was full American Black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he just doesnt like hamilton? He is not well liked afterall so its just a tad possible.
Or maybe as he says it might actually make it interesting in the coming races.

It's not that i don't like him, but i wanna see close racing. when a car is that much better i don't think it's a fair.

And again it's not that i like Max more but i want to see a closer championship.

I remember many years ago Lewis was up for the GPDA (Grand Prix Drivers Association) Presidency. He had no interest and i don't think he even went to the meetings. He was like i don't care about it.
Now he has his own thing with Black Lives Matter (that is pulling up some illegal stuff like graffiti and vandalism) And he wants all the drivers to join in. Because it is on his terms.
I am not saying Lewis is bad but the movement he represents is. Personally i don't believe in God my Religion dose not work that way. But i know i cant go into the church behind my apartment and pull a statue of God down. Because i like many others don't believe in him. Christians talk about peace and Harmony but all they generate is violence and war. Like the Black lives matter movement. It has a hidden agenda. Maybe intent to start world war 3.

Man I am loving Rosberg these days! He made Free P2 so enjoyable this morning, and he's a wealth of info as an ex driver. The commentators were talking about what Bottas needs to do to get back in the championship fight. Rosberg explains how Lewis has the gift of managing his tires, that he knows the absolute feel for his tires and how he is able to push his front brake bias so far forward and and never lock up because he has so much finesse for the tires, and more than anyone else in the field, and that it's not something that can be learned in a simulator.

Then (of course because they are always trying to compare Verstappen with Lewis) they ask Rosberg if he thinks that Verstappen has that same kind of gift to feel the tires like Lewis, and I liked that Rosberg didn't just give a canned answer to compare Verstappen with Lewis because I am so tired of hearing that. Rosberg did not think that it was a strength that Verstappen posses, and you could just tell that they did not like his answer. An ex driver who was once Hamilton's arch rival even knows that the talent of Lewis is incomparable in the sport today. Everyone is trying to build Verstappen as the next coming - uh no.

Last edited:
Its the reverse of Willy T Ribs who tested for Tyrell and was told he was to slow. Probably due to sponsors threatening to pull the plug if he drove the car.
Willy T Ribbs tested for Brabham and Ecclestone wanted Willy but sponsor Olivetti wanted an Italian in the car. This is straight from Willy per his documentary "Uppity" a must watch...

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing