Alright when was that again.....?

I'm a bit confused as I thought you had to quarantine for 10 days after testing positive. As he took a second test on Thursday, and was still positive, shouldn't that reset the clock?

I constantly see people giving out about he's radio communications, saying he cries and moans about things, as if other drivers don't do exactly the same thing. Or as if every single one of us don't behave the same way once we get behind the wheel of any kind of machine. I saw a video come up on my facebook feed of a guy (that grew up in the same area as Hamilton) trying to make out Hamilton only got to where he is because he got preferential treatment as a black man, it was utterly ridiculous.

Half of his "crying and moaning" is him talking about a percieved issue with the car in a sport where engineers rely on driver feedback (amongst other things). F1 broadcasts his complaints about tyres because it fits the narrative of Hamilton having trouble - but all he is doing is communicating the state of his car.

Compare that to Max Verstappen's radio calls...

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's "silly" even if you have had a negative test following the positive test. The NHS website is pretty clear on it. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...ation-and-treatment/how-long-to-self-isolate/

Self-isolate for at least 10 days
You should self-isolate for at least 10 days if:

• you have symptoms of coronavirus and you tested positive, had an unclear result or did not have a test
  • you tested positive but have not had symptoms
If you have symptoms, the 10 days starts from when they started.

If you have not had symptoms, the 10 days starts from when you had the test. But if you get symptoms after your test, self-isolate for a further 10 days from when your symptoms start.

Had Nico of replaced one of the Williams or Alfa drivers, he would of been at the back and no one would of been saying anything about him returning next year or being some sort of 'man of the moment'.

Nico is good, in one of the best cars on the grid....... and?
If he came back next year in the Alfa he'd be crap again.....

The driver makes a very small difference.
The car, massive difference.

For example Lewis in the pink Merc would be on pole rather than 3rd like Nico was...

But Lewis would never of gotten pole in the Alfa or Williams, or actually Alpha Turo, Renault etc.

Booo.... poor HULK, keep your chin up as I'm sure there are opportunities for a supersub like you(lol like he will even read this :D )

Tell that to the teammates of Max Verstappen over the last few seasons as they watch him take the top step in an "uncompetitive" car. Or Sebastian Vettel as he languishes mid-field while his teammate gets a podium. Or Alonso when he dragged a piece of crap Ferrari far higher in the championship standings than it ever deserved to be. There are plenty of examples from F1 history which prove that the driver can make all the difference in the performance of a car.

Since Nico never really had a chance in a GP winning car he was fully familiar with, we don't know if he is a driver that can make a big difference or a small one. However, since he out-qualified his temporary teammate (and out-raced him for the most part) at such short notice, I think it's fair to say that he's a better driver than people give him credit for.

I'm a bit confused as I thought you had to quarantine for 10 days after testing positive. As he took a second test on Thursday, and was still positive, shouldn't that reset the clock?
I don't think so, I think they keep testing you until you have something like 2 negative tests and then your given the all clear. He'll likely continue to be tested as part of F1's normal testing procedures, so it's possible he's already had a number of negative tests at this point. It takes about 2 weeks for the virus to run it's course if it doesn't hit you really bad, that's why they recommend isolating for that amount of time.

Had Nico of replaced one of the Williams or Alfa drivers, he would of been at the back and no one would of been saying anything about him returning next year or being some sort of 'man of the moment'.

Nico is good, in one of the best cars on the grid....... and?
If he came back next year in the Alfa he'd be crap again.....

The car, massive difference.

For example Lewis in the pink Merc would be on pole rather than 3rd like Nico was...

But Lewis would never of gotten pole in the Alfa or Williams, or actually Alpha Turo, Renault etc.
the only thing i wonder about....what are you doing on a race forum........offcourse a driver can make a difference, but a car can make a bigger difference.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 380 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.6%