Alright when was that again.....?

RedBull already knows who their future engine supplier is. They already knew when singing the Concord Agreement. We have to wait until the announcements to somewhere late 2021?

100% agree, this is no surprise to Red Bull and they would never have signed the concorde agreement if they didn't have a plan.

However, the plan could be to sell up and rebrand.

If they stay I doubt they will go back to Renault and a foray to Mercedes or Ferrari is not what they are about - maybe a buy out of the Honda Engine program?

If they stay I doubt they will go back to Renault and a foray to Mercedes or Ferrari is not what they are about - maybe a buy out of the Honda Engine program?
Is that an option? Wouldn't it mean buying all the facilities and staff that goes with it? I don't know that a company would be willing to let go that kind of talent.

Would be good, the Honda engine was coming along nicely, but taking on engine manufacturing seems like a lot.

Does that means no more Japanese GP at Suzuka? I can't help but thinking straight out after reading the news, that with Honda pulling out it could mean the Japanese Grands Prix in the future won't be held in Suzuka Circuit given that Suzuka is one of 2 race tracks owned by Honda in Japan. Even if they would continue running Japanese GPs in the future they would ran the race either in Fuji Speedway or Okayama, which was a world-lot less liked by the fans in comparison to Suzuka Circuit.

Renault is the only option.
Could you elaborate on that? I'm not as up to speed on F1 politics these days, but why are Renault the only option?

From my uninformed view, Mercedes seems like they'll give Red Bull the finger before even being formally asked for an engine. Why would they want to potentially create a real competitor to themselves? But Renault also seems unlikely to me. They're making decent progress towards best-of-the-rest, and without Red Bull at the front they have the very real possibility of regular podiums.

So that leaves Ferrari, with a poor engine and poor car, not really doing anything of note. Why not give your crappy engine to another team for a hefty fee? Easy money if it's their only real choice.

Honda have struggled since Senna of the 90's. They are the odd man out as they are Japanese and have a different way of doing things. Compared to other teams in Europe. They have come so far and could be a constructor champion if they stick it out.
The only logical reason to pull out is finance. or other interest.

Could you elaborate on that? I'm not as up to speed on F1 politics these days, but why are Renault the only option?
"Under the current rules, Renault would be obliged to supply Red Bull and AlphaTauri with engines as they currently have the fewest customers, unless the teams can convince Mercedes or Ferrari to provide a supply."

Last edited:
Buying the Honda tech, and re-badging as Aston Martin.. would make sense
It depends on who Aston Martin work with. I once said in a Bar to other F1 fans Aston Martin should build a Engine for Red Bull. I was told they where not a engine builder, and they run Renault or Mercedes engines in there luxury cars. So it is weired they are sponsor of Red Bull as i cant see them running a Honda Engine. Like Alfa Romeo its just a name on a Ferrari powered car to seperate it from the factory team.

Could KTM and Red Bull extend their partnership into F1 and buy out the PU license and current Honda team working on it? Honda gets some money out of it and, technically, it's just a carry over.

KTM have that XBow project to link to after all, and a full Austrian partnership would be pretty cool. Having the current Honda team who works on the PU staying on could ensure that KTM can actually develop the PU into the future.

One for the F1 game modders, at least...

"Under the current rules, Renault would be obliged to supply Red Bull and AlphaTauri with engines as they currently have the fewest customers, unless the teams can convince Mercedes or Ferrari to provide a supply."

Renault are the weakest link and not a threat to Red Bull. Mercedes and Ferrari (If they get it together) are rivals.

Renault are the weakest link and not a threat to Red Bull. Mercedes and Ferrari (If they get it together) are rivals.
I wouldn't be too sure of that. Renault is performing stronger and stronger and Ferrari is making a mess of things.
The only one on an extreme high level is Mercedes. Also beware of McLaren next year.

Last edited:
Right as things started looking up with Alpha Tauri.
Hopefully somebody can buy out the engine division and re-brand it ala Mecachrome and Renault of the past.
Maybe Aston Martin won't simply be a chassis designer after all.

Last edited:
Great day for F1.

Karma is a bitch.

FIA has been in back pocket of Mercedes since hybrid era began.

You bring in stupid engine tokens.

Don't allow other teams to catch up and continue with the same engine rules till 2026.

What did you expect would happen.

No other engine manufacture will come in.

Being 8 years behind the development. Nobody would even consider it with ten foot pole.

I expect FIA will force Renault to supply engines to Red Bull and Alpha Tauri.

Max will quit Red Bull next season to join Mercedes 2022.

FIA could have flipped the script and made new engine regulations for 2022 but no.

Just played into Mercedes dominance again.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back