Alright when was that again.....?

I have massively lost interest in F1. I have gone from attending races and waking up at 3am to watch every early morning practice/quali/race, to not watching it hardly at all any more. There is only so much time you can hold on to hope that things are going to improve and about 3 years ago I just gave up on it. I still love motorsport, but I’m done with F1.

what are you watching instead?

In regards to the ERX series, I am usually not that interested in watching electric racing. This new series kinda caught my attention.
Ken Block was saying in his interview that he's currently only 1 sec off his track records compared to the WRX cars in only 20 laps of testing.

Hopefully we will see more teams on the grid in the near future.
Watching the ERX finals the cars seemed to look a bit underpowered due to the weight and tricky to slide throw the corners.
Block seemed to come to grips with it in the second half of the race.
Still weird only hearing tires squealing.

This will come across as nitpicking, and I'm really sorry for this, but just to try an avoid confusions. WRX = World RX, ERX = European RX :)
I guess this is the reason why they have called it Projekt E and not Electric RX as well :)

Other than that, I agree. The Projekt E cars looks quite interesting. And IIRC they are heavier than "needed" to keep costs down. Also, they are a bit "underpowered" compared to the E-Cars that will be classed in together with the ICE-cars in Supercars (if their plan succeeds).

I don't think that average figures from 2007-2012 and 2004-2009 necessarily catch the current reality.

I don't know the recent numbers or if there is even any publicly and reliable data nowadays in Turkey about it, but I know people have been protesting in the streets against those murders since the beginning of this year.

• Deleted member 963434

as in all muslim countries, Jamal Ahmad Khashoggi killed in Turkey in saudi arabian consulate by saudian agents. it was like live streamed as they dismember him alive cause he got in his phone installed software to live stream everything, they hear all dismemberment but world dont give a shieeet abous it lol, CIA know everything some saudi princess gave order to kill him etc

• Deleted member 963434

there was failed military coup in turkey in 2016 and there some military soldiers escaped to Greece by helicopter and Greece give em back to trukey authorities to death, as tey was "illegal immigrants" for Greece, so why 100 000 000 muslim immigrants wasnt "illegals" then ? huh ? xD

• Deleted member 963434

as in all muslim countries, Jamal Ahmad Khashoggi killed in Turkey in saudi arabian consulate by saudian agents. it was like live streamed as they dismember him alive cause he got in his phone installed software to live stream everything, they hear all dismemberment but world dont give a shieeet abous it lol, CIA know everything some saudi princess gave order to kill him etc
saudi puppet state of usa as usrael they can do what tey want and usa not intervene as in Iraq or Afghanistan lol

Picture is worth a thousand words ............
maxresdefault.jpg

This means more to me about the man then anything he has done in F1 or his demeanor
Felt so sad for him when Coco passed away
Sad to hear that. Awesome dog.

• Deleted member 963434

saudi princess tell kill some journalist in them own consulate in Turkey territory, usa dont gib a shieeet, but if there is some Iranian General doin something tey took him out by drone real quick lol trump jew ass licker lol

As a Brit I'm disappointed to see yet another leading British tech/engineering company sold to overseas investors but it is good that their future seems secure.

Shame to see this not worth staying home as well

Claire Williams will step down during/after this Monza race weekend. Was already a kind of predicted when that investment company bought Williams earlier. Now apperently a fact.

1599131588909.png

The Williams family will step down from running the historic F1 Team after this weekend's Italian Grand Prix.
  • Williams was founded by the legendary Sir Frank Williams in 1977.
  • The third oldest team in F1, Williams has won 114 races and 9 constructors' titles.
  • The team was sold less than a fortnight ago to New York Investment Firm, Dorilton Capital.

This weekend will mark the end of an era, as Williams F1 team enters its last race with its founding family at the helm. The Williams family has overseen an impressive 43-year history, with this weekend being their 739th race entry.

After a challenging few years and the coronavirus pandemic, their need to find "inward investment" meant that Claire Williams had to oversee the sale of the team, in order to secure its long term future on the F1 grid.

One can only imagine how hard it will have been for Williams to make the decision, but we must not forget that it is a decision that allows the team to keep adding to its impressive legacy. Under the Williams family, the team enticed signatures of some of the biggest names in F1 history: Senna, Prost and Mansell to name just a few.

Recent years have proved more trying for the Grove-based team, having won just one race in the last 15 years. The rising costs of running a team and the huge budgets enjoyed by their front-running rivals have made it extraordinarily difficult for Williams to compete on the same level.

It is fitting then that Claire's last act as Team Principal was to help shape and commit to a fairer set of technical and financial regulations. This, along with the capital offered by Dorilton will no doubt give Williams their best chance to return to winning ways in the future. The decision to step down was ultimately made by Claire herself:

“I have taken the decision to step away from the team in order to allow Dorilton a fresh start as the new owners. It has not been an easy decision but it’s one I believe to be right for all involved. I have been enormously privileged to have grown up in this team and in the wonderful world that is Formula One. I have loved every minute and will be forever grateful for the opportunities it has given me. But it’s also an incredibly challenging sport and I now want to see what else the world holds for me. Most importantly, I want to spend time with my family.
“I would like to thank Dorilton for their support and for understanding my decision. I would also like to thank our fans who have stuck by us through thick and thin. Our people at Williams have always been family, they have kept me motivated during the difficult times and it is them who I will miss the most. It is my genuine hope that the process we’ve gone through brings them the success they deserve. And finally, I would like to thank my Dad for everything he has given to the team, the sport and our family.”

It would indeed be wrong not to thank Sir Frank Williams for his contribution to F1. He is an extraordinary man by all accounts, and the achievements of the sport's longest serving Team Principal speak for themselves.

RaceDepartment would like to thank the Williams family for everything they have done for motorsport, and wish the team that will continue to race under their name the very best as Formula One heads into a new era.

For more news or debate from the world of Formula One, check out our F1 sub forum and engage with our highly knowledgeable community!

FB_IMG_1599133966023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey is a solid one, but the rest looks like "highest bidder gets to host".

And what's with the brand name barrage in the GP names?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back