Alright when was that again.....?

The only two Chevrolet cars (Joseph and Pato) were on Top 10 only because of mad strategy games, Honda murdered Chevrolet.

Go Sato indeed :D
1-3 for Letterman lol

Oh, for sure - Honda is clearly faster, having those 2 Chevy's in the top 10 is really incredible (and misleading).

Somewhere, Aguri Suzuki is watching and smiling, I bet!!!

So pleased for Sato, and also for the British commentary which filled in the gaps. Thank **** we don’t have to listen to those adverts.. I spent 3 months in the US last year and it’s just unbearable.
Good race
Yeah exactly, Sky getting the rights to broadcast the Indycar is the best thing happened to none American Indy fans, i have watched all the 2019 and 2020 races so far, without it i could only tolerate watching the last 20 laps of indy500 :D

what a nice video this was :

Last edited:
Yeah I just wish that the commentary would also extend to the Indycar races in general as I haven’t heard any yet except in the 500.
But even without it and the live action nonstop it’s incredible as you can listen to the cars in the break. I attended the Masters Historic F1 racing today at Bands Hatch and the commentator said he wouldn’t talk through the F1 demo session only to talk all the way through it....
I guess some people just don’t understand petrol heads and their love of cars rather than ******* historians...

Yeah I just wish that the commentary would also extend to the Indycar races in general as I haven’t heard any yet except in the 500.
But even without it and the live action nonstop it’s incredible as you can listen to the cars in the break. I attended the Masters Historic F1 racing today at Bands Hatch and the commentator said he wouldn’t talk through the F1 demo session only to talk all the way through it....
I guess some people just don’t understand petrol heads and their love of cars rather than ******* historians...
Leigh Diffey, Paul Tracy, and Townsend Bell do the commentary for the US broadcast. I think they are outstanding. The commercials are not great. Fortunately they run the commercials during yellow flags and run the adds side-by-side with live video when there is green flag on the track.

Very unfortunate the race finished under yellow. Would have been nice to red flag until the could restart.

I think the safety standards were really showcased for the race. The Askew trash was particularly scary.

These are my predictions (probably all wrong):
- Alonso out by half distance
- A Penske car will lead at some point
- Dixon will finish but not win
- Daly will finish in top 5
- Andretti car will win. Not Marco.
- Alonso out by half distance - wrong
- A Penske car will lead at some point - correct
- Dixon will finish but not win - correct
- Daly will finish in top 5 - wrong
- Andretti car will win. Not Marco. - wrong

2 out of 5 - FAIL

Well it will be what it will be, I would have been saddened to see Williams go out all together from F1.

Time will tell, but IU agree the Williams name in F1 still has clout and probably will remain to some extent.

I wonder what will happen with the Williams heritage and the cars

The Semi-Finals were good as well.

It's also all Q's for WRX and ERX, pluss Semis and Finals on their Youtube for the majority of the world it seems like. They have lost some TV-Deals, and all countries without it, get's it all live on Youtube and Facebook!

Ya I've been following them on YouTube for several yrs now in Canada, all the races are streamed live and replays posted afterwards for each round.

Looks like they have added a post race show... stupidly entertaining...tho the the monster energy girls make it barrable lol

In regards to the Projekt E series, I am usually not that interested in watching electric racing. This new series kinda caught my attention.
Ken Block was saying in his interview that he's currently only 1 sec off his track records compared to the WRX cars in only 20 laps of testing.

Hopefully we will see more teams on the grid in the near future.
Watching the Projekt E finals the cars seemed to look a bit underpowered due to the weight and tricky to slide throw the corners.
Block seemed to come to grips with it in the second half of the race.
Still weird only hearing tires squealing.

Last edited:
Formula One management have confirmed the mighty Istanbul Park Circuit is set to return to Formula One action this November 15th, as the sport confirms four new races for the revised 2020 schedule.
  • Turkey back on the calendar following nine year absence.
  • Bahrain to host double header event.
  • Abu Dhabi confirmed as season finale.

The Formula One schedule is finally complete, and against all expectations Grand Prix racing is set to host a revised 17 race calendar in 2020 following confirmation that Bahrain has been approved as a double header event at the end of November / start of December, and Abu Dhabi will host the season finale on December 13th.

Turkish Grand Prix middle.jpg

Without doubt the biggest news from the announcement is the surprise return of the Turkish Grand Prix, as Formula One returns to the Istanbul Park venue for the first time since 2011 - bringing back a much loved and well regarded circuit to the Formula One World Championship.

The Turkish Grand Prix at Istanbul Park was designed and developed by regular Formula One track designer Herman Tilke back in 2005, and hosted Formula One racing for seven years up to the conclusion of the 2011 Formula One season. Known for its unique anticlockwise direction and the dramatic triple apex left hander at turn 8, the track has always proved to be a popular location for the drivers and teams - with former F1 chief Bernie Ecclestone labelling the venue as "the best race track in the world".

A statement from Formula 1 said: "We can confirm that Turkey, Bahrain (hosting two races), and Abu Dhabi will be part of the revised season and want to express our thanks to the hard work of all our promoters and partners in making this 17-race season possible.

The Turkish Grand Prix is set to play host to Formula One racing on the weekend of November 13th-15th as round 14 of the FIA Formula One World Championship.

14November 13-15FORMULA 1 DHL TURKISH GRAND PRIX 2020
15November 27-29FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX 2020
16December 4-6FORMULA 1 ROLEX SAKHIR GRAND PRIX 2020 (Bahrain)
17December 11 - 13FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX 2020

This latest announcement finally dashes the hopes of Jerez making a return to Grand Prix racing this year, the Spanish venue has been making noises recently about their hopes to find a place on the Grand Prix schedule for the first time since 1997, however despite being very much a top tier circuit from a racing perspective, it looks like one of the more underrated tracks in motorsport will have to miss out from the 2020 racing party.

For more Formula One news and chat, head over to the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get involved in the conversation today!

F1 2020 calendar footer.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%