Breaking News | Audi Announce DTM Exit

I have seen the Dtm live for many years, since the Mugello days, when they took me as a child and there were the Mercedes that dominated with Bernd Schneider. The last time was at Misano in 2018 at night and it was a beautiful show with the flames of the exhausts and the noise of the engines that made your body tremble. Unfortunately, the Dtm had already died since last year with the arrival of the turbo engines and with the withdrawal of Mercedes ... I am saddened by this news but I will always carry with me the memory of those fantastic cars

Explosion engine-based motorsport will soon be a niche... to gear heads like us, the end of a plethora of new engine sounds will be awful.

I just hope we find ways to keep the excitement on new E formulas. Maybe sound speakers? The usage of Ethanol instead of Petrol?

• Deleted member 241736

That DTM was really crap. In former times DTM has had those Daddy cars, a wing and a few optical jokes but you were ever able to recognize your car in front of your window at home

Explosion engine-based motorsport will soon be a niche... to gear heads like us, the end of a plethora of new engine sounds will be awful.

I just hope we find ways to keep the excitement on new E formulas. Maybe sound speakers? The usage of Ethanol instead of Petrol?

Most race cars run on a mix of petrol and ethanol anyway......

That is a shame :( Good bye DTM, I loved watching the race action it provided all the years. Also I feel sorry for all the people working for DTM who now have to look for new jobs in worst case. And not to forget to mention Rene Rast who dominated the series the last years now also in need to look for another new challenge

What does this mean for Super GT? Didn't SGT just bend their rules to blend with DTM? Seems like this would be at best a major annoyance or at worst a harsh blow to SGT.
I'd rather say DTM bent their rules to cooperate with SGT. They were using the 4cyl Turbos since 2014ish. Also, the DTM adapted some Aerodynamic regulations from the Super GT ( like the bigger rear wings for instance)
I think SGT will be fine, the GT500 Manufactors announced their next-gen cars (somewhat) recently, so it looks like they will race just as they did before.

Ok now it's time for DTM to go back to the DRM era, wild cars driven by adventurous people! (joking but damn if only they could!)
becab794968c911ad4dd99c07459d317.jpg

YOu're

You're correct there will be less and less motorsport as no one is watching and blowing stuff up to move forward is a 20th century blip. No amount of whinging and refusing to buy X Y or Z will change this.

Well, thats completely unexpected :( :( who will be racing in DTM? Fusion with Super GT is right now only exit for DTM series. One and only possibility to save this racing series.

Manufacturer motorsport will always be driven by the company's agendas. E-Hypetrain - full steam ahead.
DTM was on the verge of dying for some time now. Audexit was kind of evident after a few rumors a while back. They just needed an excuse.
With DTM being essentially prototypes the term touring car racing was not believable anyhow. And since the name DTM would be erased in the future as well, because obviously the "D" in the name scares off potential new manufacturers...well there you have it. Pathetic. DTM RIP.

And if manufacturer motorsport is something like what the ACO and FIA are doing in the WEC, well....*takes hat*

I sincerely do hope they will not shut down customer motorsport as well. The only real pleasure to watch these days....errr last year and the years prior.

P.S.:
I have watched Formula E from first season since I was curious how it would play out. In the end I have to say that I would never actually want to visit a race in person. For me this is to gamey, to clinical.
Racing was good however, saw some really good fights. Gave up on it in the end and started watching Esports in the end. The real "E".

In 1996, Alfa-Romeo and Opel left Mercedes alone, forcing DTM to shutdown for 3 years, to return in 2000.
I'd love Opel and Alfa-Romeo to return and save the series, wich would be rather ironic.:cool:

Was a big fan of early to mid 90s DTM as a kid. Still have my cap signed by Ellen Lohr back from the Hockenheim race somewhen in the 90s. That's also why the series is pretty dear to my heart even though i never followed the series that actively during the modern days, because my motorsport interest shifted more towards endurance racing.

It's a pretty sad day for motorsport nonetheless. Schieb ihn raus. RIP DTM.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back