Breaking News | Audi Announce DTM Exit

Formula 1 has been of no interest for many years except on rainy days....(hybrid etc.)
the world rally cross will die with electric projects ... (What is the interest for a spectator at the edge of the circuit when there is no smell noise etc etc...)
the WRC ditto with future projects
The endurance apart from the GTE LES LMP1 LMP2 are horrible aesthetic level and sportingly uninteresting Toyota and all alone! we don't know what to do to not bet them!
DTM is dead
there is only the gt3/gt4
for me the darkest hours of motorsport are coming

With the economy downturn impending, it is not surprised that more manufacturers are dumping racing categories.

VW already quit all forms of ICE racing and they want to focus on EV. Guess Audi will be following with customer racing left. Apparently, Bentley is also leaving GT3 soon because they want to focus on EV prototypes.

I enjoy driving the IDR in R3E but I really unsure if I am keen with an electric car future.

I guess F1 will be the next one on the cutting block. While LMDh seemed like a better idea day by day, I am not even sure it will get off the ground.

Dark age of racing is coming. And I really hope R3E will extend the DTM license, at least there is a game that has a full list of the "last" DTMs.

With the economy downturn impending, it is not surprised that more manufacturers are dumping racing categories.

VW already quit all forms of ICE racing and they want to focus on EV. Guess Audi will be following with customer racing left. Apparently, Bentley is also leaving GT3 soon because they want to focus on EV prototypes.

I enjoy driving the IDR in R3E but I really unsure if I am keen with an electric car future.

I guess F1 will be the next one on the cutting block. While LMDh seemed like a better idea day by day, I am not even sure it will get off the ground.

Dark age of racing is coming. And I really hope R3E will extend the DTM license, at least there is a game that has a full list of the "last" DTMs.

Do you have a source regarding Bentley leaving GT3?

I love DTM, but i just hope it will die for good this time, why you don't just die DTM? i mean for real this time! everytime we have to go through this **** with DTM
My skills on investing time and passion in dying series is on 100th level (the skyrim meme)

Been following the modern DTM for a long time now, it was foreseeable. In Germany the viewership numbers have dropped dramatically since ARD (German public broadcaster) doesn't show the races anymore. Nobody cares for a soulless manufacturer-focused series that was hostile to privateers for far too long (e.g. Adrian Sutil was rejected after submitting an inquiry following his F1 exit).

The future of German motorsports is the GT Masters with its 30+ GT3 entries per season.

It is inevitable. This series is way, way, way, waaaaaaayyyyy too expensive for the outreach it has. We are talking about cars costing a round million and the cost to run being way up there and honestly, who watches it besides some afficionados? With Coronavirus, it is one of the easy series to get rid of and save manufacturers some coppers. Also, Formula-E might not last that long either. It is the "future" of car tech but who watches it anyway?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back