Alright when was that again.....?

As the teams are working in 'Bubbles', all they are doing is compromising their own chances in the championship, F1 should continue if any of these bubbles are 'burst', so to speak.

Any sensible team would have a reserve bubble of Driver and Mechanics waiting in the wings to make sure they can run the car if any such thing happened.

Formula One have finally confirmed the Italian Mugello Circuit will form part of the new 2020 Formula One calendar, joining Sochi on the latest schedule revision as F1 continue to aim for 15 Grand Prix this season.
  • Mugello joins F1 schedule for first time.
  • September date confirmed.
  • Race date will also mark 1000th Grand Prix for Ferrari.

A new circuit arrives at last folks - and it's actually a good one! Yes, the Ferrari owned Mugello Circuit will finally be making a debut as a fully fledged Grand Prix venue later this year, as the track joins the 2020 schedule on September 13th as round nine of the reshuffled 2020 Formula One season.

f1 2020 schedule so far.jpg

• 10 races now confirmed.
  • Further events to be approved later in the year.
  • Russia only holding single race.

The announcement of Mugello is a positive one for the most famous team in Grand Prix racing, as the event will mark the 1000th Formula One race for Ferrari, who look to celebrate this impressive milestone on home ground at a circuit owned by the Italian marque.

From Formula One's perspective, the announcement is positive news as they continue to chase the required 15 race marker this season, something that Chairman and CEO of Formula One, Chase Carey is understandably pleased to take one step closer towards with this announcement.

We are delighted to announce Mugello and Sochi will be part of the 2020 calendar and want to thank all our partners for their support in recent week. We had great start to our season in Austria last weekend and we are increasingly confident in our plans to race throughout the remainder of 2020"
Mugello 1.jpg

“The Russian Grand Prix is a major moment in our season and we are looking forward to being back in Sochi in September. We are equally excited to see Formula 1 race for the first time at Mugello, an occasion that will mark Ferrari’s 1000 Grand Prix. Both races will be a huge boost for fans with more announcements on the next races in our calendar coming in the weeks ahead.”

Rumours remain that tracks such as Portimao, Hockenheim and even Imola are in the hunt for a place on a Grand Prix schedule that focuses much more strongly on European competition this year, with further announcements from the FIA and Liberty Media expected to be confirmed in the weeks ahead as further Covid-19 restrictions are known around the world.

Mugello!!! Yeeeeees!

For more from Grand Prix racing, head over to the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment and join the discussion today!

Mugello footer.jpg

Last edited:
I'm liking this, though like many, I'm asking where is Brands Hatch?
In Kent, and is really not up for hosting an F1 race. The infrastructure and runoff is not up to scratch for F1 by a long way. As nice as it would be, it just isn't realistic. It would need completely redoing like Zandvoort has been to bring F1 back. Plus the paddock and pit garages are too small.

Welcome to the official discussion thread for the 2020 Styrian Grand Prix, the second round of the new Formula One Grand Prix season.

Back at the Red Bull Ring for the second week in succession, and with heavy rain storms predicted, this could be a very interesting experiment to see how the Grand Prix teams manage racing on the same circuit twice in two weeks - the first time in the history of Formula One.

Can Bottas keep up his impressive season start? Will Hamilton fight back following a subdued opening race? Have Ferrari found the key to one lap and race distance speed? Loads of questions, and many will be answered come the chequered flag on Sunday afternoon... or will they?

F1 Austria.png

Very curious to see whether the electrical interference seen on the Mercedes cars is still an issue.
I think that plus the chance of rain and the tantalising possibility of a mixed up grid as a result stands to give us yet another exciting race at the ring. :)

This is great news. Love this track and can't wait to see these cars tearing around it.
Codemasters are missing a trick here. Cant they start adding these tracks as DLC so you can run the actual 2020 season? Controversial...
unfortunatly they announced earlier that no other tracks will be added to f1 2020 instead of this i would recommend, that you buy ac there is a laserscanned version of the track

Would love to have Road America but given that US has 4% of population and almost a third cases of the virus I highly doubt it.
OUCH !! Yeah, I'm reminded of that several times a day. Anyway good to see 'new' old courses on the calendar.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%