Alright when was that again.....?

Ok. Name the drivers, the team, the location, and the year. Should be plenty of clues here.

2.jpg

You missed Riccardo rapping. It was very cringey, similar like Ferrari's 2020 launch with the dancers and the very under-dressed opera singers (jeans and t-shirt).
I didn't think that Ferrari's launch last year was cringey, just very Ferrari. But Ricciardo's rapping was awful. The clip they showed sounded like he was looking at the words for the first time. I can see why he was embarrassed when they asked him about it.

McLaren is going to have to figure out how to manage the image with these guys. The Lando/Carlos thing was fun and felt pretty natural and organic. It's like they're trying to force these guys to be BFFs and it just has to develop. I'm more confident about their social media/marketing folks figuring this out than I am about them getting a race win this year.

I can't decide if Alpha Tauri's fashion show last year was cringey or just annoying :)

I didn't think that Ferrari's launch last year was cringey, just very Ferrari. But Ricciardo's rapping was awful. The clip they showed sounded like he was looking at the words for the first time. I can see why he was embarrassed when they asked him about it.

McLaren is going to have to figure out how to manage the image with these guys. The Lando/Carlos thing was fun and felt pretty natural and organic. It's like they're trying to force these guys to be BFFs and it just has to develop. I'm more confident about their social media/marketing folks figuring this out than I am about them getting a race win this year.

I can't decide if Alpha Tauri's fashion show last year was cringey or just annoying :)

Ricciardo already said, he is there to be a serious racer not a meme dream team. Which is kind of stupid to say from a marketing stand point as this is want fans want to see.

Alpha Tauri's fashion show last year is basically as cringey as the whole idea of an energy drink fashion brand. Especially the lack of overlap, the fashion brand is priced for high income and the energy drink is price low income.

Scuderia AlphaTauri have revealed their new AT02 Formula One car this morning, the machine that will power Pierre Gasly and Yuki Tsunoda in the 2021 Formula One World Championship.
  • AT02 shows off revised colour scheme for the new season.
  • Yuki Tsunoda to make F1 debut.
  • Team targets improved performance and regular points.

Today marks the second new car launch ahead of the upcoming 2021 Formula One season, as Italian / Austrian outfit AlphaTauri present their new AT02 Honda powered challenger ahead of pre-season testing beginning in early March.

Having enjoyed a successful 2020 thanks to the surprise race victory for Pierre Gasly at Monza, and a record points haul for the team despite a condensed 17-race calendar, the new car is very much a product of the dedication to incrementally improve the car, ahead of the major rule changes set to take place for 2022.

AlphaTauri1.jpg

Technical Director, Jody Egginton had the following to say about the new car launched earlier today;

With the changes to the aero regulations targeting a reduction in downforce, we have been presented with a number of changes we have got to make to the floor, the diffuser and rear brake ducts and this has required a lot of work to re-optimise around these changes.
The work which has been undertaken to develop our car for 2021 goes far beyond compliance with regulation changes and has involved changes to nearly all aero surfaces and also development and repackaging large parts of the car, which are hidden, in order to achieve these changes. We have spent a lot of time working to recover the aero losses as a result of the regulation changes, while also focusing on increasing and improving the cars aerodynamic operating window. This activity will continue into the season, with the split of resource between the 2021 and 2022 projects reviewed and adjusted as required to maximise the potential of both projects.”
AlphaTauri2.jpg

The new season will also see a new driving talent in the form of highly rated Japanese youngster, Yuki Tsunoda alongside team leader Pierre Gasly, the 21-year-old stepping up to Formula One in place of the outgoing Daniil Kvyat - with big things expected from Japans most recent major prospect.

"I’m really excited to get started and am particularly looking forward to racing in Suzuka, in front of the Japanese fans. The last time I raced in Suzuka was in Formula 4 – so it will be a big difference – but I’m really excited to now get the opportunity to represent my country in F1. I am also looking forward to visiting many new countries and racing on different tracks. If I had to pick one of the circuits I’m most looking forward to, apart from Japan, it would be Monaco – there is so much history there and it’s a very challenging circuit. The biggest thing for me though, will be lining up on the grid with so many superstars of the sport – it’s an absolute honour to be competing against some of the greatest drivers in the world.”

AlphaTauri3.jpg

Follow the Formula One news and discussion, start up a new thread in the Formula One sub forum here at RaceDepartment today!

AlphaTauri4.jpg

Year on year they look similar, but if you look at the changes over a longer period they are very different as its small incremental changes unless there is a large rule change. I bet I looked similar yesterday but I certainly didn't a few years back.

When they can follow each other and actually overtake, it'll be a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years