Alright when was that again.....?

While I agree that today's cars are much too long, let's not forget that the 1970 car was, in reality, a deathtrap on four wheels, with no consideration for the driver's safety. In terms of looks alone, the 1991 car is by far the best. It would be nice if driver safety could be possible with a much shorter car, because right now, they are simply much too long.
Yes, they were a death trap. But why not take a challenge and bring today's safety into a package of 1991 size? Look at that nose, that alone is far ahead of drivers legs and take a lot of space. Make them slower, but at least it will get better racing.

"Mclaren Is A Happy Garage"

I do like this design....
It's bold but classy

For me, this team was one of the most enjoyable to follow the last couple of seasons.
The dynamics of both drivers while we loved Carlos and how close Lando and him competed.

Adding Mercedes Power and (nose) hopefully will bring improved powerband with better low-speed corner performance.

Can't wait to see how Danny Boi compares to Lando, although do others find that F1 is most interesting when you have several driver shifts and a big engine/car partnership?

Last edited:
Yes, they were a death trap. But why not take a challenge and bring today's safety into a package of 1991 size? Look at that nose, that alone is far ahead of drivers legs and take a lot of space. Make them slower, but at least it will get better racing.
The cars aren't long just to make room for crash protection and batteries though. Wouldn't it be the case that even without those things the cars would probably still get this long because it helps with high speed cornering? The only advantage of a shorter car is in low speed cornering which F1 cars don't do a lot of.

The teams are carrying over 2020 cars as the focus is the new airo for 2022. So the car is the same the floor is tapered in a bit in front of rear wheels and those fish gill slots and holes are band on top. They went from Renault Power to Mercedes so the rear cowling may have to be re shaped to accommodate new power unit. And Mr Webber will be driving this year.

• Deleted member 1031992

I have had a fixed idea for an hour. Why did Gasly sign at Red Bull as a junior during 2014? 4 previous world champion titles.
Why Ocon signed with Mercedes in 2015? Because Gasly was already at Red Bull while it is obviously Ocon who has the Red Bull spirit when, in the juniors, he cut the chicanes to cut the trajectory of Gasly who was already much more talented than him and that without effort.
In a world where one would have known the coming supremacy of Mercedes, Gasly is a Mercedes driver pampered by Wolff and Ocon is destroyed by the Red Bull system much harder than ever would have happened to Gasly, one can even imagine that Ocon would never have become an F1 driver.

The livery designer must have been on vacation, looks like last years livery.

My prediction for 2021: Switching to Merc engine from Renault was a wrong move, they should have used their token on aero improvements like every other team. RIC's fasted lap in Sakhir GP proves the Renault engine was good enough to win.

Last edited:
I hope they win a race this year.

Launch season used to be exciting, but it's just generally dull these days. There's so little left field innovation these days.

You missed Riccardo rapping. It was very cringey, similar like Ferrari's 2020 launch with the dancers and the very under-dressed opera singers (jeans and t-shirt).

Last edited:
He was 35? OMG. He was amazing. :cry:

Sure, he was a one-time champ with less than 10 wins, I think. But he represented America well. The tributes from the MotoGP community when he died were really complimentary and touching, especially from former teammates of his. Says a lot that Dorna retired his number, they didn't have to do that.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%