Alright when was that again.....?

Great news! One of my favorite drivers!

I just hope Renault manages to deliver a better car to him than what the team has been delivering because he deserves better.

But to be honest, I was expecting Vettel to take that seat. I still hope the german driver finds a new seat for 2021.

I think it's great that Alonso is back in F1.

I find him to be a great measure in how to establish the character of a fellow F1 fan.

If I ask somebody who's into F1 what they think of Alonso and the response is negative, then I know not to waste any further time with that person as they will simply not be entertaining enough for me.

Eh come on guys, be real. This will be exactly the same if not worse story as it has been with M.Schumacher... and we (almost) all have expected his 8th title. Alonso has got old, and out of F1. So the truth is, explect little. All else are illusions.
Do you really think Schumacher returned from retirement, to drive for a "new" team, hoping that he would win another title? Come on man.
What he was doing with Mercedes was developing a dominating TEAM. Not just a car, an entire team. He put his heart and soul into it and you see the results since then. That's why i never give any credit to Hamilton. Schumacher and Rosberg built this team.
I have the feeling that they're trying to do the same thing now with Alonso. He's will bring his "expertise" and help them develop a championship winning car, not chase another title. Not in his age.

Not sure this is the right move for Renault or Alonso, if you look at what Mclaren have achieved since Alonso left the seat there. They have a great dynamic between two drivers, which I hope will continue when Dan Ric makes the move next season.

Rumour has it that Alonso is not a team player, will he help Renault move forward? I doubt it. Much young talent coming through the ranks.

Time will tell if this the right move for the man who said he would only come back to a top seat........ this isn't that.

Last edited:
Also, must be awful to be Christian Lundgaard and Guanyu Zhou now. No room in any teams for 2021. Knowing if one of them (Zhou being a prime candidate) wins F2 this year, they cannot race in F2 next season, and with no F1 seat available, DTM going away. They need to do IndyCar, LMP1, simulator-work or completely irrelevant motorsports.
While Mercedes looks set to continue with Bottas, thus making it impossible for their juniors to take the step up. At least they have customer teams they can put drivers in to. Renault got nothing.

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw the McLaren in the photo and thought for a second that Alonso was coming back to my beloved team

Renault can have him, he's undoubtably brilliant but also toxic

Meanwhile Aussie driver at McLaren=win/win!

Also, must be awful to be Christian Lundgaard and Guanyu Zhou now. No room in any teams for 2021. Knowing if one of them (Zhou being a prime candidate) wins F2 this year, they cannot race in F2 next season, and with no F1 seat available, DTM going away. They need to do IndyCar, LMP1, simulator-work or completely irrelevant motorsports.
While Mercedes looks set to continue with Bottas, thus making it impossible for their juniors to take the step up. At least they have customer teams they can put drivers in to. Renault got nothing.

It is obvious that 20 cars isn’t enough. F1 needs 3, if not 4, more teams. It used to be this way and it allowed access to F1 for young drivers.

Not sure this is the right move for Renault or Alonso, if you look at what Mclaren have achieved since Alonso left the seat there. They have a great dynamic between two drivers, which I hope will continue with Dan Ric makes the move next season.

Rumour has it that Alonso is not a team player, will he help Renault move forward? I doubt it. Much young talent coming through the ranks.

Time will tell if this the right move for the man who said he would only come back to a top seat........ this isn't that.

I agree but as much as I like Lando and Carlos and they really both great drivers....IMO the biggest impact for MClaren was Andreas Seidl. Since he is with MClaren this Team changed 180° and improved massivly. Of course two good drivers in a Team are extremly importand but the Management and Leading of the Team is equally important;) Look at Ferrari.... they have 2 great drivers.....ok now at the Moment 1 good driver and Spinbastian Vettel;) but Teamleading is so rubbish.

Interesting. Not a real fan but c'mon guys... don't you want to rather have Alonso in F1 seat then, say... Nicholas freakin Latifi. For the sake of the show c'mon...
Just a shame Vettel was eyeing that seat too :rolleyes:
Maybe it's not too late for my boy Jacques Villeneuve , these days obviously anything is possible in F1 :)

Just a PR move imo. There is no fairytale. Vettel may have been better. That said, maybe no experienced driver would have been better too. It is not like either of those guys build a harmonious works team.

I want that crazy dude back. What was his name? Maldonado? And Senna's nephew as well. He deserves a second chance. If granda Fernando gets to have one...he should have one as well. For the sake of the name. I mean at this point anything could make F1 a little bit more interesting....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 500 39.0%