Alright when was that again.....?

From PlanetF1.com:

The likes of Valtteri Bottas, Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso have all been linked with the seat and, according to Spanish broadcaster and journalist, Noemi de Miguel, an official announcement is close.
‘As I have been informed, Renault is planning to make an official announcement on Wednesday,’ she said on Twitter.
She continued: ‘After the race, Cyril Abiteboul has told veteran mechanics (those who have been around for more than 15 years) that they have already worked with him.’

So obviously it's either this guy:

1594137369046.png

Or this guy:
1594137407248.png

:D

Really dont see the fascination with Alonso he wont 2 titles......14 years ago!!! Then spent years whining about how cars werent good enough rather than working with the team to find a resolution.

Speaking for myself, two things I like about Alonso: 1) He's a real racer who is not afraid to try all kinds of cars. He reminds me of drivers of the 60's and 70's. 2) He has a strong personality. Too many F1 drivers are P.R. machines now. (It's also why Raikonnen is still a very popular driver. His personality is so different.)

Am I the only one that is disappointed with this news? I enjoyed Fernando in the glory years, however his time later at McLaren I think damaged both McLaren and Honda's reputation, along with his reputation in my opinion. Despite all his moaning of the performance of the car, he stuck at McLaren. Perhaps makes you wonder what kept him, as it was certainty not results. It does make you wonder why he is coming back again.

Personally, I feel like this will be a repeat of his time with McLaren-Honda and Riccardo at Renault. A promise to return to former glory, which sadly never happened.

Happy because he's a good driver, but this almost definitely means Vettel is going which makes me sad. Also Alonso could end Ocons career.

I hope he does well, but we have a list of older drivers that couldn't compete once they hit the big 40. If Alonso also has problems teams should think about putting a soft limit on the age of their drivers, to me it looks like the younger the better.

Now Renault just have to use the R25 livery again and they will become WC!:D

And back to reality... I was not impressed by Renault last weekend, so also in 2021 they probably won’t have a car that can fight for podiums. Maybe 2022...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 144 13.8%