Alright when was that again.....?

I voted for Albon for a great move around the outside of Hamilton and I support Red Bull more than Mercedes even though they had issues. It takes balls and high integrity to overtake in the way that Albon does. To hear respected commentators like Brundle blaming him immediately is disappointing. Probably Lewis bias due to media.

I think Perez was doing well before the penalty, and Leclerc and Norris obviously had great races. Norris had a good drive. His moves are down the inside and hit other cars, which takes balls but less integrity.

1. Albon
2. Norris
3. Leclerc
4. Bottas
5. Sainz
Agreed. I think my top 5 is the same set of drivers to yours, similar order too.

Sadly British media will almost always be a little biased, just have to try and not to let it get to us as International viewers :).

THE HAM ERA IS OVER:)

I'm not so sure.. The Merc era isn't over yet so it depends on VB, but it certainly would be great if VB took the title(s). Problem is though, Hamilton hasn't got a team-mate at his level race-pace-wise. We need a tier 1 driver in that other seat, but Ham and Merc don't want that. 7 titles is the publicity Merc want, so that's what they will get unfortunately.

According to multiple media outlets, double Formula One World Champion Fernando Alonso has reportedly signed a deal to return to the sport with the Renault team from 2021, replacing the outgoing Daniel Ricciardo.
  • Alonso to return for third Renault F1 stint
  • Official confirmation expected on Wednesday
  • The 38-year-old to replace McLaren bound Daniel Ricciardo
Although not 100% confirmed as an official announcement, it looks increasingly clear that Fernando Alonso will step back into the cockpit of a Formula One car next season, with reports suggesting the 38-year-old Spaniard has completed a deal to race alongside Esteban Ocon at the Renault team from next year.

Fernando Alonso to return 1.jpg

Having left Formula One at the end of 2018 following a frustrating time with the McLaren Honda project, Alonso has spent his time wisely outside of the sport, securing two Le Mans 24 Hour victories and the World Endurance Championship crown, as well as various attempts at winning the Indy 500 in America alongside participation in the Dakar Rally, Daytona 24 hours and other motorsport adventures.

Although the Renault team have declined to comment at this point, it is understood an official announcement will be made by the team and driver on Wednesday.

Original Source: BBC

For F1 news and discussions, chat with the community now in the F1 Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment.

Alonso 1.jpg

I think this is wonderful news, and will benefit the sport.

He was always a divisive character in the paddock, so I suspect that a lot of people will be arguing that he's had his time and that they don't want to see him back and so on.

Personally, I believe that Formula One should always attract the best drivers in the world. He showed in his final season that he's as capable as ever, and has been competitive in every category he's raced since.

He's always been exciting to watch on track, and will add excitement to the grid in 2021. F1 is always the primary beneficiary of this.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.3%