Alright when was that again.....?

dammit THAT front wing !?? :confused:
I thought the go for less downforce this year, not more ??:alien:
Its basicaly run 2020 car with minour mods. Next year we will have a next gen airo car. So the only chainge is the floor is tapered in before rear tires and no Vent holes to let air flow through.
I would say that Hamilton being sick was a big one.
A lot of people including me are sick of Hamillton.

The unveiling of F1 cars the past couple of decades is almost entirely paint schemes and advertising as if they were all painted the same color I would be hard pressed to distinguish one from the other.

I've been hearing that for decades , mostly from Murray Walker during a crap GP

1614419674114.jpeg

I always see a bunch of guys standing around somewhere where the rally takes place, but how did they get to know of the event, how did they know where the rally track is, do they have to pay a ticket or are rallies free? I want to see one in real but I have no idea how to start.

1614419771597.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, in Germany, the land of rules and order, you buy a ticket.
Than you get or can download a magazine that has all important informations.
It also tells you where the parking spot is.
Then, on the day of the rallye you drive there. Normally then there are people showing you where to go.
Today, at least over here, it's not like in the past, where you were allowed to go wherever you want.
Its not so much different anymore than going to a permanent circuit.

Yeah I was kind of wondering the same.
I mean... why teams don't have more strict contracts to not let drivers do some extreme (ok cycling perhaps doesn't seems quite extreme but now looking at it...) sports that can cause injuries that can make them miss some of the races, even end their careers and the worst - their lives. :unsure:
During the years we saw so many injuries on motocross and lately even bicycles.
Really, does any of them have any clauses in their contracts I wonder !?? :cautious:

The cynic in me sees this development as the "last hurrah" before motorsport in total ends up being phased out/banned come the 2030s.

I have a hard time seeing that happening. Motorsport isn't going anywhere...and by that I even mean motorsport using combustion engines (although I envision more electric powered series). I have yet to see plans for electric-powered airlines, cruise ships, cargo ships, etc...or a plan for creating electric cells without factories burning fossil fuels. Those combined cause much more damage than consumer vehicles (and racecars are a tiny percentage compared to consumer vehicles).

Changing most of the world's consumer vehicles to electric/alternate fuels might slow things down, but there's too much invested in the oil business for the powers-that-be to abandon it anytime soon. Fossil fuels will be used in engines, just not for consumer vehicles.

Beyond all that, none of these big auto companies would devote countless millions just for "a last hurrah" when they could fund more development into electric/alternate power...as romanticized of a gesture that is, it's highly doubtful that's their motive.

Sorry about your friend. What a horrible way to go... :unsure:
I just thought... since these are the professional athletes... dunno... maybe they should be more responsible toward their own health, career, teams, fans, sponsors...
I don't know... maybe it's just me. The other side can always say "oh for gods sake let people live, we're not all robots here" but, you know...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, in Germany, the land of rules and order, you buy a ticket.
Than you get or can download a magazine that has all important informations.
It also tells you where the parking spot is.
Then, on the day of the rallye you drive there. Normally then there are people showing you where to go.
Today, at least over here, it's not like in the past, where you were allowed to go wherever you want.
Its not so much different anymore than going to a permanent circuit.
Pretty much, you normally have local authorities and clubs involved. I haven't been at a rally yet, but I go to the Borgloh hillclimb each year.. just people at small tables selling tickets at every entrance point. It's probably possible to sneak in, but at like 5€ per ticket, why would you?

Yes, been to Osnabrück hillclimb every year before covid. It's very familiar.

But the German WRC rallye was a different story.they tell you exactly where to go and where not.

Certainly looked much improved in 2020 over the previous year. The results spoke for themselves.

It was a weird set of races though for obviously reasons, so not sure it can be read into too much.

Last edited:
Good looking car.
Would have liked to see the INEOS colors integrated a bit more subtle...(maybe solid red at airbox intake to a faded blending).

Last edited:
The BBC anounced "Mercedes unveil Lewis Hamilton's 2021 Formula 1 car" followed by pictures showing the 77 car :rolleyes:

I hope the BBC remembered to inform the world's astronomers that they have in fact found the centre of the Universe; the thing that everything revolves around ;)

The BBC anounced "Mercedes unveil Lewis Hamilton's 2021 Formula 1 car" followed by pictures showing the 77 car :rolleyes:

I hope the BBC remembered to inform the world's astronomers that they have in fact found the centre of the Universe; the thing that everything revolves around ;)
They forgot to mention the SILVER arrows went black because of someone :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back