Alright when was that again.....?

images

Don't worry Fernando, we can rebuild you, we have the technology. You get a nice new carbon fiber jaw with superb aerodynamics and extra bite strength.

Ayrton-Senna-Europe-GP-93.jpg

When was this race where this driver outclassed the entire field in the wet. He didn't have the best engine, or the best chassis, but he was (especially that day) the best driver on this (English) track.

When? Who? What car and engine manufacturer?

Tell us :)

Sympathies Fernando. Been to the hospital 3 times from cycling accidents - busted hip, large wounds from a dog attack, and the most recent being a face plant that knocked 4 teeth out. What a joy those accidents are. Get well soon!

I feel your pain, literally. Had one big accident 7 years ago when a car almost ran into me head on. In the end, I broke a tooth and needed root canal surgery. A year later, I almost got killed by some moron driving and texting. Cycling is an extreme sport, in a way, but I like it too much to stop.

I feel your pain, literally. Had one big accident 7 years ago when a car almost ran into me head on. In the end, I broke a tooth and needed root canal surgery. A year later, I almost got killed by some moron driving and texting. Cycling is an extreme sport, in a way, but I like it too much to stop.
As someone who cycles (not in the winter!) I can understand what you've been through even though I've thankfully not been there myself. But had plenty of near misses. Fell off a few times too. Slipped on wet tramlines once and the other time I almost went head on into an illegally parked car (shouldn't have been there) while being blinded by the sun. Just a couple of bruises thankfully. In my case though it's not really a choice. I have to cycle to get around because I can't legally drive in my country due to disability.

To all reading this:
Always stop at your red lights ON the line where you can see everything folks. Ride defensively and don't be an idiot simple as. You just end up giving us a bad name at the minimum and at the max someone actually gets killed

Last edited:
Always stop at your red lights ON the line where you can see everything folks. Ride defensively and don't be an idiot simple as. You just end up giving us a bad name at the minimum and at the max someone actually gets killed

Absolutely right. Here in Montreal, the behaviour of some cyclists, especially in a few neighborhoods, is infuriating and gives the impressions that all cyclists don't care about their safety and the safety of others. That's why I avoid as much as possible riding on busy streets.

As someone who cycles (not in the winter!) I can understand what you've been through even though I've thankfully not been there myself. But had plenty of near misses. Fell off a few times too. Slipped on wet tramlines once and the other time I almost went head on into an illegally parked car (shouldn't have been there) while being blinded by the sun. Just a couple of bruises thankfully. In my case though it's not really a choice. I have to cycle to get around because I can't legally drive in my country due to disability.

To all reading this:

where i live they've done this now

1613150793600.png

i live outside the city but can bike to work in about 45 minutes on this separate road all the way from home.

It was VERY controversial as 10km cost aprox 100.000.000 Euros

The real question - how can a bicycle be fun after driving Formula 1?

If i am not completely mistaken Alonso was also the guy who complained about f1 a couple of years ago, that in his opinion f1 is more about pushing buttons and managing the car, than actual racing.
So i assume he gets his fun from racing that bike.

Get well soon!

Last edited:
Get well Fernando. I'm looking forward to your return to the F1 grid. I hope it is no more than the latest report of a fracture of the jaw and some teeth. What would actually concern me more is concussion and the short and long term effects.

For people talking about ear buds and cycling, ear buds don't cause cycling accidents. If you ride in a straight line, it doesn't matter what you can hear. If something behind is about to make you a pancake, why the hell would you want to hear that sound ?

It's normally inattentiveness on either the driver or the cyclist.

For people talking about ear buds and cycling, ear buds don't cause cycling accidents. If you ride in a straight line, it doesn't matter what you can hear. If something behind is about to make you a pancake, why the hell would you want to hear that sound ?
It's normally inattentiveness on either the driver or the cyclist.
I agree with you ...to some extent :geek:
As someone who ride a bike all year long (acceptable conditions for me are ~5°C and just not fully wet road) I really, truly, can not imagine myself go out there and put my life in hands of others, and while doing it... going full deaf.:confused: That's just way too extreme sport for me.

I also love climbing mountains but there you're pretty much always prepared for worst so you're pretty safe from some nasty surprise but there, on a bicycle, going full deaf, and to trust everyone else to respect your position on the road and literally your life... no, just no.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%