Alright when was that again.....?

Sergei Sirotkinin, 24 vuotta Renault testi
1613115365396.png

Last edited:
Don't forget the Kentucky Kid, Nicky Hayden. Rode motorcycles from the age of 3 but dies on a damn pedal bike...
...because it was alleged that he was listening to music via headphones

Fernando becoming second most known cyclist in Switzerland after Albert Hoffman. Have a quick recovery Fernando.
Fabian Cancellara wants to disagree

Last edited:
It is official, skiing and biking is much more dangerous for your health than racing F1.
Joke aside, wishing Fernando a quick recovery.

Actually always has been like this. Just in Denmark alone, 85 deaths due bicycle-accident from 2014-2018. 1800 critically injured in the same period.

And this is why I stopped road biking and started mountain biking many years ago. Now I don't worry about cars just the occasional bear, deer or tree that doesn't want to move out of my way. The trees are the most stubborn they never seem to move. ;) Get well and speedy recovery Fernando!

Swings and roundabouts....I stopped mountain biking and dirt jumping as I smashed my shoulders up and now only ride a road bike. I guess at the least the MTB crashes were my fault.

Funnily enough I have also had a couple of motorbike accidents, one head-on into a car at high speed and I got away almost injury free. Life's funny like that.

Anyway, get well soon Alonso.

I dunno what it is about Switzerland and cycling, but 10 years ago I lost a good friend in cycling accident, and just about everybody else I know who cycles regularly have sported some pretty impressive injuries at times, with many being hospitalised.

Anyway according to reports I've read it looks like Alonso will out of hospital in a couple of days and will be able to resume training with Alpine - slowly at first. So good news

...because it was alleged that he was listening to music via headphones

Listening to music doesn't sentence you to get hit by a bad Italian driver. Jury put the driver in jail. Supposedly he was going 43 mph (equivalent) in a 30 mph zone.

Sympathies Fernando. Been to the hospital 3 times from cycling accidents - busted hip, large wounds from a dog attack, and the most recent being a face plant that knocked 4 teeth out. What a joy those accidents are. Get well soon!

Good to see/read that Fernando is actively present at social media :thumbsup: . Despite that broken jaw and the surgery he is determined to be ready before the season starts.

--

As written by some others above. Shake hands: speedcycling, MTB, Downhilling and motorcycling causes injuries...but happy I can still tell the stories.

Here in Finland (Helsinki, Vantaa, Espoo) we have good bike paths to drive safely, I never have to drive or walk among cars, it is too risky!

Still I'm thinking about to buy something like this (picture), good luck can end...

5e808fcf8a55b93a1e6e330c-large.jpg

Used to do some downhill back in the day. Though I do not remember having a proper fall ever up on the hill. On the other hand I flew off my mtb a few times doing regular street stuff and one time I got hit by a car from the side beyond my fault landing 5 meters away with only a bruised knee as a result (and a bent crank arm). Most of the time I got away with minor bruises but about 15 years back I actually bit the ground one time splitting my chin and having a gaping hole to my jawbone. Good memories. Nowadays I am a bit more careful.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%