BREAKING: Daniel Ricciardo to Renault

Following that logic, it was impossible for Ferrari to build a better engine than Mercedes. And yet they obviously did this year. Power units have always been Renault's strong point. It is just a matter of time and allocating the right resources (and they have plenty in this area).
The gap between Mercedes and Ferrari was much smaller than the gap between Mercedes and Renault. This is also valid for reliability. Since we entered the hybrid area power units have not really been a strong point of Renault. These are not naturally aspirated v10’s or v8’s anymore.. these are hybrid engines with turbos... totally different cup of tea.

The gap between Mercedes and Ferrari was much smaller than the gap between Mercedes and Renault. This is also valid for reliability. Since we entered the hybrid area power units have not really been a strong point of Renault. These are not naturally aspirated v10’s or v8’s anymore.. these are hybrid engines with turbos... totally different cup of tea.
Not a strong point you say, so if that is the case why are RB 3rd in the Constructors champ? it's not purely due to the chassis.
What is a F1 hybrid? a fuel injected turboed 1.4ltr ICE with an electric powered boost engine driven by harvesting kinetic energy, not really a totally different cup of tea, it's not like they reinvented the ICE or electric power units.

Not a strong point you say, so if that is the case why are RB 3rd in the Constructors champ? it's not purely due to the chassis.
What is a F1 hybrid? a fuel injected turboed 1.4ltr ICE with an electric powered boost engine driven by harvesting kinetic energy, not really a totally different cup of tea, it's not like they reinvented the ICE or electric power units.
Ask Christian Horner or Max Verstappen if they think 3rd in the WCC and 5th or 6th in the WCD is good enough and you will have your answer.;) Why do you think Red Bull is moving away from Renault? They were a WC and WCD winning combo, but RB has lost confidence in Renault that they will be able to close the gap with Mercedes and Ferrari. Look at how much the Red Bulls are losing on the straights compared to the total lap time difference with Mercedes or Ferrari. That proves that there is nothing wrong with their chassis (at least in the dry, because in the wet they were not performing in Germany).

Baby sitters job at RED BULL up for grabs.
The ball in Renault's court now , sounds like they are going all out.
I bet their target next year is to finish ahead of red bull and hopefully title contenders the next.
Best of luck to Dan and his new team.

Ask Christian Horner or Max Verstappen if they think 3rd in the WCC and 5th or 6th in the WCD is good enough and you will have your answer.;) Why do you think Red Bull is moving away from Renault?
You are wrong that's Renault which is moving away from RB.
As Abiteboule said it was planned that Renault parts from Toro Rosso in 2017 and from Red Bull in 2018.

By the way french engineers are only doing the PU. The ERS is made by Infiniti and the chassis in Enstone (Bob Bell). I think it's a mistake.

Baby sitters job at RED BULL up for grabs.
A really ‘good’ start for your first message on this forum!;) Rest of your post makes more sense though, so there is still hope for you.:rolleyes:

For Daniel I really hope things will work out with Renault because he is a great driver and nice person. The same applies to the Hulk... one of the nicest and talented drivers on the grid. Hopefully both will be able to score some podiums next year (or the Hulk even this year already).

Last edited:
No Surprises here.
Redbull never gave Daniel the deserved credit and now they loose a granted world champion! On the other hand they have been way too forgiving with Max wrecking racing style.
I am glad Daniel is leaving Redbull at last. Even though he moves to a slower car he is used to that, and surely he will still win a few races and keep that door open for the top team.

@motoliser Wow... now you even know what the future will be!:roflmao: And surprise surprise... I don’t agree with you again.;) I think Daniel, Max, Lewis, Sebastian are almost on the same level and hope they will drive cars in the future that are performing similarly. Then we will have great battles! And Max is the youngest, so may have more potential to improve. And read carefully... I say MAY... because I cannot look into the future.;)

I have been able to see the future of F1 drivers since ages ago. I have seen talent above the average only on a few drivers. I predicted Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Alonso, and Hamilton as future multiple times world champions in a era when there were at least two teams battling for the title.
The only driver I could not see as a champion and became 4 times was Vettel. Honestly I still don't see him as a champ material. He had 4 titles due to a car that didn't need to race anyone. When Daniel arrived on HIS team he showed everyone how average Vettel is.
Max will never achieve that.
In
my opinion!

Now the facts:
Max has had way too much incidents and doesn't seem to learn. He needs to push people off track to get through most of the times.
I never seen such poor performance on a F1 rookie.

In 2.5 years in F1 he retired 19times. Nearly a whole season...
Almost half of those retirments where accidents.

Daniel on the other hand:
7.5 years in F1, retired 23 times
4 accidents only...2 were Max's fault!!!

At this time Max has already a higher accident per retirement ratio than Maldonado which is funny cause people are so biased when comparing them!!!

Last edited:
I wonder if DR knows something that we do not. To go from 'virtually signed' with Red Bull (and even to have recorded the announcement VT) to suddenly signing for Renault... :unsure:

He must have a pretty good reason for the abrupt change of heart ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back