Resource icon

Tracks Brands Hatch 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Been waiting for this track to finally come out. My only complaint is that it looks like you can go onto the club circuit but you cant

Could the dev put a barrier or something there so that it's obvious that your meant to do the gp track?

thank you dev for your hard work

there are too tracksm Brands hatch and brands hatch indym every driver must know wich track is driving, otherwise take a look at the map file, inside the track folder and know what layout are you driving.

a little research is something every driver must do,

imagine a real driver going on track without knowing the track he is driving?

cant edit my review so will post here, look harder in the surfaces.ini of kunos tracks, the track itself should not have friction set to 1, maybe in some sections, but definitely not the whole track, it makes the tracks feel noticeably more grippy than the others. also with regard to your reply to another review about low poly surface, this is not the same as modern tracks being flatter, its a quirk of the AC engine which requires more detailed track surface than older sims, so it may be worth looking into if the mesh is low poly or not (havent had a chance to look myself yet)

Not slagging off your work by any means, just trying to help improve it, very grateful for your conversion :)

cant edit my review so will post here, look harder in the surfaces.ini of kunos tracks, the track itself should not have friction set to 1, maybe in some sections, but definitely not the whole track, it makes the tracks feel noticeably more grippy than the others. also with regard to your reply to another review about low poly surface, this is not the same as modern tracks being flatter, its a quirk of the AC engine which requires more detailed track surface than older sims, so it may be worth looking into if the mesh is low poly or not (havent had a chance to look myself yet)

Not slagging off your work by any means, just trying to help improve it, very grateful for your conversion :)
i undestand what you were saying but i drive the track with several cars and had no problem with bumps, it drives very good .

about the grip 1.0 is default and AC now uses diferent option for dinamic grip.

so 1 is the track at the maximum rubbered condition wich i think it's a good level of grip for a rubbered track, if you set the sesion with green or old or dusty youll have a very slipery track ;)

ADD to that Ayrton Senna did a 1.07:5 in qualyfying trim and the race fast lap was a 1:09.5

the layout had one corner a little bit faster but dont think it was more than 2 seconds fatser track, so pick up the lotus and tell me what alptimes you achieve?

Love this track! Only criticism I have is that I too am seeing about a 50% drop in FPS and I find the track surface very distracting. When driving into the sun it looks more like gravel than asphalt. Hope you plan to make improvements.

Great work and thanks.

about the grip 1.0 is default

Not sure where you are seeing that, Ive looked in several surfaces.ini for kunos tracks and they range from 0.97-0.99 for the various different track surfaces depending on the tracks (not at pc atm so cant give example, but it should be easy to find). The lower values cater for older tracks, in various states of repair or material, so as a modder its mainly guess work as to the number, but i think even 0.99 is a better default to use than 1 (especially for brands as its a well maintained track) The cars (particularly mp4 gt3) are just so much easier to drive on mod tracks with friction set to 1, so i just delete these tracks as i feel it might get your into bad habbits pushing the car harder on these tracks than you can on the kunos tracks.

Im aware of the new setting, and i think that allows you to start the track at a sub-optimum state and then it will gradually improve to the value that you set in your surfaces.ini. take a look at any of the track conversions by tiago, you will see he has set the friction correctly and has used different values depending on the kind of track, e.g. for his most recent (longford 67) he used 0.95 which is very much on the low side, but seems very reasonable for an old road rather than a modern race track, so its up to the modders best guess, (for blackwood he used 0.98). tomj tracks such as donnington, autumn ring, melbourne, have all got several nicely configured surfaces just like kunos tracks.

I think this attention to detail goes that extra way in bringing these old tracks up to AC standards.

Keep up the great work either way, have you got any other tracks in the pipeline?

While I do agree that drivers should 'check the track' before driving on it, please do not dismiss the need for these barriers.

yHuYNVx.jpg

for the fps i guess, it may be that this track has a tone of trees, and also duplicates to see the back of them, cause AC doen't support double face objects

this track has a lot of trees, it's not like vallelunga or any other track this has a tone of them, and make it look very realistic.

so i will not delete trees. cause looks right as it is

for the barriers, honestly i don't see a problem with not having them, once you know where to go, you don't go the other way.

for the road textures on the sun it' is a matter of the detail and map textures of the road, i'm not good in photoshop so i can't improve that.

For the grip levels AC having the diferent preset levels i think 1.0 as optimum is right.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%