Brands Hatch Indy: last turn?

I am thrashing the Lada in the WTCC 2013 pack at Brands Hatch Indy. I have the physics set to "get real" and the AI turned all the way up. I can run with the AI until the last turn. That's where I blow it. I either turn too early and lose exit speed, or I try to hold it to the left side on entry and run wide or crash. The best Lap time I have managed so far is in the 49.09s. How does everyone approach the last turn on this track? I have played with differential coast and springs in order to make the car bounce less, but I still screw it up. Any ideas?

I start as far to the left as possible on the little short chute before the final right hander, take a bit of a late entry, and then cut to the inside as I approach the apex, letting it track to the outside of the track as I join the front straight. It's a very tricky turn, if you get it right you can shave chunks off your lap time, but if you get it just a slight bit wrong you can add chunks to your lap time.

It's one of those turns that if you're by yourself you can nail it, but if there's traffic around you're really never know what's going to happen or what line you'll end up taking. Due to the long straight that follows it, and the fast turn after that, I'd say it's worth sacrificing entry speed in order to gain as much exit speed as possible.

I start as far to the left as possible on the little short chute before the final right hander, take a bit of a late entry, and then cut to the inside as I approach the apex, letting it track to the outside of the track as I join the front straight. It's a very tricky turn, if you get it right you can shave chunks off your lap time, but if you get it just a slight bit wrong you can add chunks to your lap time.

It's one of those turns that if you're by yourself you can nail it, but if there's traffic around you're really never know what's going to happen or what line you'll end up taking. Due to the long straight that follows it, and the fast turn after that, I'd say it's worth sacrificing entry speed in order to gain as much exit speed as possible.
Thanks! It seems like the key is to first get the car to handle the bumps in this section. Is this correct? I can't figure out what clicks mean in the set up menu. Do a higher number of "clicks" translate to stiffer suspension? For example, if I increase bump from 6 to 8 clicks, does that mean the suspension is more stiff or more soft? What about rebound?

Thanks! It seems like the key is to first get the car to handle the bumps in this section. Is this correct? I can't figure out what clicks mean in the set up menu. Do a higher number of "clicks" translate to stiffer suspension? For example, if I increase bump from 6 to 8 clicks, does that mean the suspension is more stiff or more soft? What about rebound?

I'm rubbish at tuning, I drive all my cars with stock settings. :(

Hi Ben,

I usually try to get the majority of my braking done before corner entry, lift of the brakes and just keep a little pressure on (trail brake) entering the corner around the middle of the track. I then gradually release the brakes and bring the car over to the right to catch the apex mid corner and run out to the outside while adding throttle. Ideally i want to be running the outside line for the majority of the end of the turn to give me a good run onto the straight.
I would recommend trying the leaderboards and challenging one of the front runners ghosts, you'll be able to see which lines & breaking points they use much easier than explaining it here ! :)
Hope it helps matey,

Paul

Thanks for posting, I also am unsure about this turn. I nailed it once doing a leaderboard challenge and could never get close to my time after that...there are so many ways to take the turn it's hard to replicate every part of the perfect route....for me at least.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%