F1 2015 Braking very weird?

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
I like that it is harder to brake in this game, but i almost lock up every time, unless i brake with only 60 % at medium-low speeds. I think 60 % is kind of low.

Can i adjust this in some kind of way?
Also the lines in this game is not very accurate. In some corners (ex: Australia turn 3), even if i brake when it's just a bit yellow, i miss my brake spot.

What do you guys think?

I like that it is harder to brake in this game, but i almost lock up every time, unless i brake with only 60 % at medium-low speeds. I think 60 % is kind of low.
Which controller are you using?

Personally I'm on Xbox 360 controller, but yes the car moves around a lot under braking. I actually think it's too much movement and happens due to incorrect sensitivity and saturation attributes for the controller. This is further demonstrated by the camera look function on the right analogue stick which has zero deadzone and smoothing. It seems that direct input is being used rather than Xinput, causing the issue.

Either way, whichever controller you're using, you can make adjustments to your controller within a file "action_map_preset_win.xml" - which I've just described the methods in the "main" F1 2015 thread...

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2015-the-game-released.108299/page-7

...and if you're locking up too easily then I'd reduce the saturation on the brake attribute for your device.

Which controller are you using?

Personally I'm on Xbox 360 controller, but yes the car moves around a lot under braking. I actually think it's too much movement and happens due to incorrect sensitivity and saturation attributes for the controller. This is further demonstrated by the camera look function on the right analogue stick which has zero deadzone and smoothing. It seems that direct input is being used rather than Xinput, causing the issue.

Either way, whichever controller you're using, you can make adjustments to your controller within a file "action_map_preset_win.xml" - which I've just described the methods in the "main" F1 2015 thread...

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/f1-2015-the-game-released.108299/page-7

...and if you're locking up too easily then I'd reduce the saturation on the brake attribute for your device.

Im using a Driving Force GT wheel, and all saturations are 0 %

There was actually a problem with the e-brake on the new cars. Rather than using the rear brakes, the ERS recovery acts on the rear axle as a sort of engine brake. All teams struggled to get the settings right and make the car drivable.
So I guess the brake is actually supposed to be that aggressive.
What I guess is not wanted is that massive deadzone on both pedals.
The main problem is that if you brake you overshoot the point you want to have, because you are already 50% on the brake before it reacts. So you basically have less throttle and brake control and that causes the main issue. So if CM gets rid of these deadzones with a patch, everything should be fine.

And come on, the cars drive alright if you get used to them and better than in any title before if you ask me.

Wow they've implemented braking modulation.Well done codemasters,I had a few laps yesterday and was really impressed with the braking and the lock ups.Lock up's were non existent in 2014,so this addition is appreciated.It's actually added some skill level into it.Along with the accelerator modulation,it's showing they've moved in the right direction. I'm looking forward to having more in depth drive today.And it's nice to see they've also got rid of those silly challenges,they were boriiing.This is all my own opinion of course and I fully understand that not everyone is the same as me or thinks the same as me.

I'm using a g27,and your right you have to be smoother.You can't just stamp on the brakes anymore.I'm also getting the feel of the brakes starting to lock up through my wheel.I'd advise anyone who own's 2014 to drive a few laps in that version and then switch to 2015.IMHO the difference is night and day.I'm getting some great subtle feedback through the wheel and that suits my driving style.If you like very strong FFB though you will probably be dissapointed.:thumbsup:

ffb i have no issues with on pc i had to turn it down as was ripping my arms to bits lol.its back to basics with the braking always try to brake in a straight line and gradually put pressure on brake and should be more comfortable for people.i used to be heavy under braking till i was introduced to iracing n now i am alot quicker due to the way i brake so people smoother is the way on 2015

I like the fact that you can lock up now, I've played quite a lot of AC in cars without ABS. So know about being smooth on the brake etc. But the problem is there is no room for error. Even 1% too much pressure and its a full lock up straight away. And to unlock you have to release the brake completely rather than just a little. Which then means you've lost all ability to make the braking point smoothly without loosing time.

In real life you'll see them locking up sometimes, but they are still able to control it and not loose time

ffb i have no issues with on pc i had to turn it down as was ripping my arms to bits lol.its back to basics with the braking always try to brake in a straight line and gradually put pressure on brake and should be more comfortable for people.i used to be heavy under braking till i was introduced to iracing n now i am alot quicker due to the way i brake so people smoother is the way on 2015
Rfactor2 is also an excellent training ground for braking also,very unforgiving the same as I racing.It wiil probably be a steep learning curve for many people. But if I can learn to do it anyone can.Rf2 is a brutal training ground,but makes you drive better.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 404 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 275 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 265 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 319 12.9%