braking physics

Hello, don't know if this is an actual issue but if I brake and the car comes to a full stop, the car doesn't really spring back to its neutral position, unless I apply a little throttle.

To illustrate what I'm refering to irl :

And to illustrate what's happening in the sim/game/...:

I picked an addon mustang since here it's the most obvious to see, but this happens with all cars both kunos and addon.
Feels like the movement is slowed down as soon as the car has come to a full stop and it continues as soon as I touch the throttle.
Is this an assetto corsa thing or is there something I can do to alleviate this ?

kind regards

Last edited:
Low speed physics damping, doesn't affect the car when moving.
I see, and do you know why it would be like this and if there's some sort of workaround?
Maybe I'm comparing apples and oranges but Rfactor for example just bounces back normally.

Reason I'm wondering is because I'm in the early stages of a motion sim rig that uses the pitch of the car resulting in awkward low speed movement. Not a huge deal but not really realistic either.

Last edited:
I see, and do you know why it would be like this and if there's some sort of workaround?
Maybe I'm comparing apples and oranges but Rfactor for example just bounces back normally.

Reason I'm wondering is because I'm in the early stages of a motion sim rig that uses the pitch of the car resulting in awkward low speed movement. Not a huge deal but not really realistic either.
When you become really slow, a lot of physics calculations become super stretched, when standing still you have things devided by zero etc.
AC physics are pretty good when "driving", but to get things accurate when going super slow is another story.
I guess they could've put in some "automatic bounce to neutral", but they didn't, since it's only an issue when doing videos with outside cams or having a motion rig.

I totally get that it's weird for you though! Must be pretty strange :roflmao:

I have to say that I never noticed it!

Last edited:
When you become really slow, a lot of physics calculations become super stretched, when standing still you have things devided by zero etc.
AC physics are pretty good when "driving", but to things accurate when going super slow is another story.
I guess they could've put in some "automatic bounce to neutral", but they didn't, since it's only an issue when doing videos with outside cams or having a motion rig.

I totally get that it's weird for you though! Must be pretty strange :roflmao:

I have to say that I never noticed it!
Ah makes sense

I'll have put in an "automatic low speed bounceback" feature request:D
anyway, thanks for your time !

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back