brakes

In my opinion there is really something weird in the brakes, when they are applied it seems there is no inertia, at 80kmh I can push the brake pedal to the bottom and the truck+trailer stop in few meters, at low speed instead I can't lock the wheels, when the truck is almost stopped it seems there is some sort of automatic hand brake in fact it is difficult to start because the truck seem stuck.
well, I know it is not a simulator, but a better brakes would improve the feel of driving. I play with G25 H shifter and all possible aids off

well, we had the physics mod that adressed some of the braking issue but because of the new patch we have to wait for the mod to be re-released. As for the 'stuck' feeling you have when trying to drive off; make sure the all the axis are configured properly. You have to set them manually ingame, if you don't the truck has a sort of auto braking when idling.

well, we had the physics mod that adressed some of the braking issue but because of the new patch we have to wait for the mod to be re-released. As for the 'stuck' feeling you have when trying to drive off; make sure the all the axis are configured properly. You have to set them manually ingame, if you don't the truck has a sort of auto braking when idling.

I tried one physic mod but I didn't feel confortable, hope in the new version.

Ah! Where is the configuration of axis? I can't find it

Just go to where you assign the steering axis, brake axis and clutch axis and re-assign them. When I first launched the game the axis were assigned but I also had that issue when trying to drive off. So I re-assigned them and the issue was gone.

Just go to where you assign the steering axis, brake axis and clutch axis and re-assign them. When I first launched the game the axis were assigned but I also had that issue when trying to drive off. So I re-assigned them and the issue was gone.

ahhh those axis, i was thinking some setup on the axis of the truck :whistling:.
ok thanks, I'll give it a try

I am new in this game, I bought it some days ago, for the physic is there only one file for all trucks : physics.sii ?

I think the standard brakes in general need a bit of an overhaul, it is on my to do list.

You would not believe how powerful the brakes are in an artic, one thing that bothers me a little at the moment is that it seems we are either Solo no trailer, or every trailer appears to be 28t max weight, of course in reality your loaded weight varies massively and you drive according to the weight you are carrying, this has a big influence on the brakes, full weighted is a world of difference compared to say an empty trailer.

Would be nice to see weight variation in the game and the ability to keep a trailer and tip and reload it rather than just picking up and dropping off trailers all the time.

I'm going on to feel something strange in this brakes expecially at the end of braking, I release the brake but the truck stuck, it seems without inertia at low speed. I am used to drive sims but in this case this behaviour is strange.

I tried to trick something in the little poor physic file, I don't like 44 tons stop in 20 meters, I hope braking is not scaled as time and distance ;),

brake_torque: 10000.0
brake_torque_with_trailer: 100.0

cabin_mass: 800.0
truck_mass: 10500.0
trailer_mass: 31700.0
wheel_mass: 100.0

but I am not still happy with braking

also the clutch is strange, I lift the pedal to the attack, the engine loose RPM even if the gas pedal is at the bottom (clutch doesn't slip), then I release the clutch and the truck start to move :sick:

also the clutch is strange, I lift the pedal to the attack, the engine loose RPM even if the gas pedal is at the bottom (clutch doesn't slip), then I release the clutch and the truck start to move :sick:

Yeah, I don't really like the default clutch behaviour either. Later versions of the physics mod have changed it but made it worse in my opinion. Could definitely do with improvement.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back