Brakes too sensitive

Hey guys. Just bought this yesterday and I'm loving it, except for the brakes!

I've got a G29 and here's how I configure my brakes on all other games (and it works wonders):

From 0 to around 50% is where only the spring is pushing back against my foot. I treat this as a "deadzone", as if I'm pressing a real brake and the hydraulic fluid is moving the brake pads towards the brake disk.
From 50 to 100% is where the rubber is on my pedal set, and is where the pedal gets heavy. I treat this as if the pads are now touching the disk.

This means I only want braking to occur in the sim when I press at least 50% on my pedals. Not before that, never, as you can see from the image bellow.

Untitled.png

This works on all sims: AMS, AC, rF2, Raceroom, BeamNG, you name it... on all except AMS2.

I tried setting the deadzone to 50-60%, which *kinda* works, but still, I don't have control over how sensitive the brakes are (not even by setting their sensitivity to 0), which means I'll spin on some slow corners (like the last corner on Nurburgring) by the smallest touch on my brake pedal.
(Edited to add: while I'm not an alien, I'm not a beginner either, so it can't be that I don't know how to brake. I can do 1:51 on Nuburgring and 2:15 on Spa on AMS2, so it's not that I don't know how to brake, it's that the slightest touch on the brakes makes me spin on some slow corners).

So how do you guys setup your brakes on this sim?
Also, which pedals overlay do you recommend? I couldn't find any option for such HUD element in-game.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yes, the brakes in AMS2 can be more sensitive than in other games. To me, reducing the brake sensitivity in the game settings worked, and my brake pedal is acceptable now.

Maybe you could try reducing the brake sensitivity in the G29 software (Logitech G-HUB). The stock is on 50%. Note that this change is going to affect your brake feel in other games, but I believe it's possible to create an exclusive profile for AMS2 in the software, or you can just change it manually (and temporarily) before start playing AMS2. Another solution could be reducing the brake pressure on the car setup (not the ideal, I know, since you may lose a bit of brake performance). Just ideas. If you don't find a solution here, maybe you can find it on their official forums.

Sensitivity changes the shape of the curve , 50 is linear, so you will want to make it lower than 50 to get close to the results u want. Also some deadzone too , a bit of experimentation will get u there.
(you can see how this works in RF2 which shows the sensitivity curve this setting creates)

As noted aboveI also set the "brake pressure on the car setup" most cars I find need around 70-80% with g29 to help with lockup.

I also have a g29, but just ordered the true brake mod, which should give me as close to a load cell feel as u can get on these pedals. which are way to soft for me, this should give me a hardware fix for this problem with the g29, IMHO is the best option for a g29 pedal set.
And you don't loose all the precision u do trying to fix it with software like I have said here.

Last edited:
Its been a consistent issue with AMS2 that the real braking values you use are about 30-70% for peak braking and rarely above that. Most of the setups already come with braking pressure reduced a little but in practice you want to often bring it down a lot from those values. The balance is often very rearward resulting in the spin although there is also something funky about the physics where the cars tend to move about more on the rear generally on the brakes and throttle than they do in other sims.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back