Brakes locking up

I have got the DFGT Wheel, with the LOgitech Profile setup and ingame setting sorted, But for some reason my brakes lock up all the time?

This is the setup i am using from this thread http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ing-force-gt-wheel-f-feedback-seetings.43489/

Any ideas for resolving this issue, Without having to go and buy new pedals or wheel (lol)

Thanx in advance

When you say "all the time" you mean at any speed and at any amount of travel of the pedal? Because if you are putting the foot down it is perfectly normal that you lock the wheels.

Locking up can mean a few things:
- brake balance settings are wrong. Do the rear or the front tires lock up?
- do you brake on time. Are you sure you aren't braking too late?
- do you press the pedal too hard?
- brakepressure settings are too high?

Quite complicated :D

Brake bias or pressure tweak in car setup or less braking. You should step on the brake pedal with full force and then ease off just enough to not lock brakes. Personally, it feels weird to me when a car doesn't lock up brakes occasionally. It feels like need for speed on keyboard. :D

Maybe pedals with load cell would suit you better. But it's just a practice, I guess.

Any ideas for resolving this issue, Without having to go and buy new pedals or wheel (lol)

Thanx in advance

ah, the good ole DFGT, LOL.
You could cut up a sponge and put it under the brake pedal, it helped me go faster, but sooner or later you should treat yourself to a huge boost in build quality and performance via a G27.....the G27 brake spring is very heavy compared to DFGT and the gas pedal is very precise compared to the lock and load nonsense of DFGT.

Make sure your brake pedal is calibrated properly too, as it's a known issue. In the controls menu, assign the brake pedal to throttle and then set it back to brake again. You can set the throttle to brake and back again while you're at it, to make that's calibrated properly too.

ah, the good ole DFGT, LOL.
You could cut up a sponge and put it under the brake pedal, it helped me go faster, but sooner or later you should treat yourself to a huge boost in build quality and performance via a G27.....the G27 brake spring is very heavy compared to DFGT and the gas pedal is very precise compared to the lock and load nonsense of DFGT.

Still going on about the DFGT huh.... It's been going on since i started my thread about six months ago. Bottom line not everyone can afford to buy new pedals or a new wheel so can you please get over the negative opinions of the DFGT, it's getting old now.

Andy try playing around with the Brake Sensitivity in the in game controller options. Default is 50% which i think is too high,i have mine set at 0 and then i play around with the Brake Pressure in Car Settings. Depending on the car i go from 75% to 95%. Too high of Brake Sensitivity combined with too high of Brake Pressure will cause the brakes to lock up easily.

I have a few things to look at, IE:the brake calibtration and the Brake Sensitivity,, Wish that i could get hold a Set of G25/G27 pedal to work with the DFGT wheel..
My brakes lock up if i have the brake bias above 50% at the front on a FWD. I have tried to adjust the pressure and find that i don't lock up above 70%ish but then if i do this setup then i am losing arond 3+ secs a lap
And i will try a Sponge behind the Brake Pedal too, so thank you all for the advise and i will try to look at this in more detail,,
Also on the Logitech Profiler i have noticed that you can adjust the brake pressure and gas pressure with the Zone Assignment, I read some where that this is advisable, but i have not done anything to this, Is this a good idea or a bad idea...

Thanx for the replies as i hope i can get this sorted..

Andy

In the options/audio section of the menu there are two sounds that you can raise the level of, tire scrub and brake squeal. There is an overlap in their application by the game but that doesn't matter. With those two sounds raised you will be able to hear the brakes beginning to lock and you can have your foot respond by pulling it up a bit to modulate the "pressure". It may take a while to get the level of both sounds where they help you the most.

All the above tips are good. I like brake sensitivity in control settings, advanced.

• Another idea is to balance the braking with a bit of gas pedal sometimes. This only helps with the driving wheels though.
  • Be careful using engine braking. Don't change down gears to early. Try the games auto clutch if you think this is the problem (or improve your engine braking technique).
  • If the problem is with braking and turning (e.g. into a bend that tightens) then use an independant setup for that problem corner.

I'm no longer allowed to criticize the DFGT?

IFM is a good fun car, but for me, the best part about RACEON is Road America and the US Muscle cars with a G27.....never liked the muscle cars with DFGT though.

I saw this in Recommended "Which Race Series to Buy" Where NO ONE was even mentioning a wheel period but YOU just had to bring up the DGFT there..... Rather than giving negative opinions all the time about this wheel or LOL ing when someone is mentioning this wheel please say nothing OR please give some feedback which may benefit DFGT owners.

I have a few things to look at, IE:the brake calibtration and the Brake Sensitivity,, Wish that i could get hold a Set of G25/G27 pedal to work with the DFGT wheel..
My brakes lock up if i have the brake bias above 50% at the front on a FWD. I have tried to adjust the pressure and find that i don't lock up above 70%ish but then if i do this setup then i am losing arond 3+ secs a lap
And i will try a Sponge behind the Brake Pedal too, so thank you all for the advise and i will try to look at this in more detail,,
Also on the Logitech Profiler i have noticed that you can adjust the brake pressure and gas pressure with the Zone Assignment, I read some where that this is advisable, but i have not done anything to this, Is this a good idea or a bad idea...

Thanx for the replies as i hope i can get this sorted..

Andy

Ever try taking the pedals apart to see what the spring is like in the DFGT? . The sponge trick didn't work too well for me when i had my DFGT i couldn't get the right amount of sponge to use and i couldn't get the sponge to stay. I was thinking that maybe the spring could be replaced with something a bit stiffer.

A Racquetball ball seems popular but I've tried it in my DFGT and I think it moves around too much. Max pressure on the pedal doesn't always seem to be the same brake pressure. This is my second DFGT and for the price, love it.The DFGT has a stiff spring but it isn't stiff enough.

Ever try taking the pedals apart to see what the spring is like in the DFGT? . The sponge trick didn't work too well for me when i had my DFGT i couldn't get the right amount of sponge to use and i couldn't get the sponge to stay. I was thinking that maybe the spring could be replaced with something a bit stiffer

With reguards to the Brake spring i did come across a vid a while back about taking the pedals apart and not replacing the spring, but adjusting it to make it stff...
From what i gather the spring on the DFGT peadls are no where near is the springs on the g25/25 pedals..
Also i went to the shop and bought some sponges and gave that a try over 70 laps lol, and i just cud not get on with it,

For the moment i have had to bring my brake bias to the rear of the car, the brakes still lock up but nowhere near as much as they did.
As for the pressure i have had to change that to 100%. i was running this mostly at around 85%-90% and was still getting the lock up..

I have a feeling that this might be donw to partially to my setup and the way i have the controll setup too.

But thanx to all that have repiled to my post and help me try to get this resolved...

Andy

Try to save up some money and you can buy pedals with load cell. When my load cell broke on clubsport pedals (yeah, it can happen which sucks) I was forced to use clutch as a brake. You can set a pretty nice pressure there, but I just couldn't drive properly with that setup. If you are lucky you can get some second hand set of pedals. :)

I saw this in Recommended "Which Race Series to Buy" Where NO ONE was even mentioning a wheel period but YOU just had to bring up the DGFT there..... Rather than giving negative opinions all the time about this wheel or LOL ing when someone is mentioning this wheel please say nothing OR please give some feedback which may benefit DFGT owners.

Convincing people to move the G27 is the best advice one can give....
Also, how many people that work can't afford a G27, it's not like the diff between buying a old Ford and a new 7 series BMW.

It's not a case of whether you can afford to own a G25/G27, it is a case of what each individual prefers,
Their is nothing wrong with th DFGT, the wheel feels great to me and i bet to others too. the only problem was i kept getting the wheels locking up when breaking..
Yes i agree with what Dennis Phelan said the brakes sprng is not that stiff, but the pedals are still good.
But with all the replies i think i have got it sorted with a few tweaks of both the wheel settings and the car setup, as they bot come into the equation..
So thanx to all that gave me the help to resolve the issue
Andy

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back