Brake temperatures

• Alberto L. Barcia

Two more question guys. Above each tyremeasurement there's a number (i.e 6,1% and 5,4% etc) What are they?

Secondly. What difference does it make if i change "Scan" from 500 ms (deafult) to 50 ms or some other number?

About the %'s I'm not sure, but I think they are about tyre degrading. The other question I think it's about how often the progam acquire data.

If I'm wrong, please, someone correct me!!

About the %'s I'm not sure, but I think they are about tyre degrading. The other question I think it's about how often the progam acquire data.

If I'm wrong, please, someone correct me!!

Some more info would be nice. Will it make any difference what so ever if i change it from 500ms to 50ms? Will i gain anything by it? Will my FPS drop?

Tyre degrading? Can they even measure that for real?

• Alberto L. Barcia

Some more info would be nice. Will it make any difference what so ever if i change it from 500ms to 50ms? Will i gain anything by it? Will my FPS drop?

Tyre degrading? Can they even measure that for real?

Since this data is in real time I don't think it'd be much difference between 500ms and 50ms. I mean that you are not looking to data screen every 50ms, so I think 500ms is enough.

About tyre degrading... Try it and you will see if grip decreases at the same rate that %'s increase... :becky:

• Alberto L. Barcia

Ok...

My short experience tells me that it can be very close to reality, but I have tried it only in two races. Maybe someone who has been using it longer could tell you more precise information.

RE: Tyre degradation ... yup, just think about it for a sec - the game engine has to know how much you have screwed your tyres up so that it can provide you with the right traction levels and stuff.

Clever blokee writing this has tapped into that calculation and shows it on screen for you in real time :thumb:

I also use the tyre wear %age as a rough indicator to see how even my setup is too ... eg one tyre screwed, others fine = sommat badly up :lol:

Been using this tool on 2nd monitor for a while and its a fantastic addition IMO ... I have been learning a lot more about my setups and stuff with it ... invaluable despite its basic looks :)

• David Hal

RE: Tyre degradation ... yup, just think about it for a sec - the game engine has to know how much you have screwed your tyres up so that it can provide you with the right traction levels and stuff.

Still there's something not right,
probably in Evolution itself and not in RTT.

I've done a race against the computer(still practice),
where that number of tyre degration went over the 100%.

I could be wrong, but when it's over 100%,
shouldn't that mean that the tire structure must be
completly gone?

Still there's something not right,
probably in Evolution itself and not in RTT.

I've done a race against the computer(still practice),
where that number of tyre degration went over the 100%.

I could be wrong, but when it's over 100%,
shouldn't that mean that the tire structure must be
completly gone?

Dude, how the hell could you even drive with does tyres?:D

Just to se what would happend i set off to test the tyredegration myself. I exited the pit and immedietly started to spin around as much as possible only stopping to cool down the tyres once in a while so that they'd not puncture from the heat. After maybe 10 minutes or so the degration was up to 30-40s when i though it was good time to do a lap. (Spa) To my surprise i nearly spun off straight away in Eau Rouge instantly realising just how badly worn the tyres where. I tried to push as hard as i could but it was very difficult to keep the damn thing on the track.

So i can't really se how you're supposed to race with even more screwed up tyres then that. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%