Brake setup help

Hi all I have been trying to drive without ABS assists and thought I was doing ok but I just did a online race F3 at Interlagos and realised my braking is much longer than the leaders. When I tried braking as late, I locked up, no matter what setup I used.

I also found a similar issue against the AI driving Stock Cars V8 at Santa Cruz D, where the AI could brake at least 50m later than I was and again I tried to modify the brake setup but just ended up locking up.

Any help will be appreciated and thank you.

Recently I broke a diy progressive spring in my brake pedal and are now using the standard spring and feel it is very hard to brake and do need to start braking earlier than with the better progressive spring
Off course this is a feel problem and your might be different.

You should look at brake bias fore/ aft and brake % together
An app like GID , Simhub or Second Monitor can help eliminate wheel lock ups and setup in general.
Compare setup changes to your previous setup as the Ai uses different simplified physics and are not comparable to what you will see.

Recently I broke a diy progressive spring in my brake pedal and are now using the standard spring and feel it is very hard to brake and do need to start braking earlier than with the better progressive spring
Off course this is a feel problem and your might be different.

You should look at brake bias fore/ aft and brake % together
An app like GID , Simhub or Second Monitor can help eliminate wheel lock ups and setup in general.
Compare setup changes to your previous setup as the Ai uses different simplified physics and are not comparable to what you will see.

Hi Bjarne Hansen, thanks for the reply. I have played with brake bias and % but I will check out these apps.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%