Brake settings with load cell

HI all,

I recently upgraded to a CS V3 pedal set.

AMS2 was great, and the braking felt great on my old Logitech pedals.

But now, I just can't them working well. I am constantly locking up.

It surely can't be my wonderful new pedals?

What sensitivity settings are people using with load cell brakes?

James

No its AMS2, many people are having this problem. There are two key force feedback problems with braking, there is no weight in the wheel giving an idea of grip available for braking remaining and there is no lockup effect be it ABS or sliding wheels with no grip.

There are some minor tweak issues too that the brakes n some cars are braking traction on big braking zones at 60-80% application so you want to reduce the peak braking power available in the setup to make it work reasonably well. Still then, all you can do is learn rote how much braking is required where and adjust if you get lockups and leave some margin to cope with it because you can't feel problems before or during brake failures. You can hear at least when you have gotten it wrong.

I think it's beyond being able to hear it or feel it through the wheel. It just seems to want to lock up too easily whatever I put the sensitivity on.

You're definitely not the only one. The other workaround at the moment is to turn the brake pressure down in the car setup. It's one of my biggest gripes about AMS2. It should be almost impossible to lock the wheels in a high downforce car travelling at high speed but it's relatively easy to do in AMS2.

HI all,

I recently upgraded to a CS V3 pedal set.

AMS2 was great, and the braking felt great on my old Logitech pedals.

But now, I just can't them working well. I am constantly locking up.

It surely can't be my wonderful new pedals?

What sensitivity settings are people using with load cell brakes?

James

Yep, definitely some sort of calibration issues persist. For example (I also have CSP v3), the brake is applied fully whenever a car spawns into the pit garage. Won't release until you shift a gear. It also appears that during TT the brake is also fully applied at the outset of the launch. I notice that the brakes are often jumpy (as if auto-calibration from the Fanatec control panel has not completed yet) initially, but then as you use them, you get "that much" brake travel. In the short term, until this is fixed, try applying the brake fully before driving away (if it is possible!). Should solve the problem.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back