F1 2010 brake dead zone and linearity using g27......& throttle question

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Up until now i have had brake deadzone and brake linearity set at 0% and 100 % respectivly.

I struggle alot with locking up in braking zones so this morning i tried the default brake settings of 20% and 80% and it has made it a hell of alot easier to brake hard without locking up and as a result i can brake later and lap much more consistantly

This got me wondering if it might be worth changing my throttle settings too. Can anyone reccomend good settings for the throttle as i sometimes feel im not getting good traction when acceleating out of slow corners, would adjusting these settings help?

If the braking one is working for you then go for it but as for throttle I dont think your gonna be happy with 80% maximum speed out of corners and at the end of straights

Is that how it works?, i thought these settings only controlled how quickly the throttle was is intially applied and how sensitive it is thereafter. You would still be reaching full throttle in the end surely........ I will have to try it

try putting your throttle linearity to 5% and see what happens. At the slightest touch you are at 100% revs, the same goes for brakes, put them at lowest of 10% and just touch them, you will lock the wheels almost guaranteed.

What you are probably noticing is that because the deadzone is bigger, the brakes are being applied slightly later as you press them, however, I doubt that you are noticing the increased sensitivity due to linearity being at 80% rather than 100%.

Try putting the deadzone at 20% and linearity at 100% and see if you have trouble locking your wheels still.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back