Billy, for SGSSA to work properly, it has to match the MSAA factor, so if you're using 4xMSAA, you will need to use 4xSGSSA, if you don't it can cause blurring.
Thanks, Blkout, for your suggestions on this.
I had had the settings at 4xMS and 2xSGSS. After reading your recommendation I tried 4xMS and 4xSGSS but the performance was quite a lot worse (losing 20% or 30% of my fps). So I've put it back at 4xMS and 2xSGSS (and, as far as I can see, there's no blurring at those settings). I appreciate the tips from you though.
In fact, I'm quite happy with the picture and fps that I'm getting but it's always worth seeing if you can get even better.

I am, however, getting quite a bit of micro-stuttering on some tracks. If you had any tips on remedying that, they'd be most welcome.

BTW, I know about this tip (from Reiza's Formula Truck 1.25 update post re the .PLR, file):
Shadow Updates="127" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
Sky Update Frames="8" // Frames between sky and light updates

Change it to:
Shadow Updates="8" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
Sky Update Frames="150" // Frames between sky and light updates

I'm wondering if the micro-stuttering is because of the added (since 1.25) time progression. In GSCE turning off time reduces/eliminates micro-stuttering. But I can't find any way to turn off time progression in Formula Truck.

Hi
In Formula truck my brake comes on on its own, that is I take my foot off the accelerator and the brake comes on without my foot pressing on the pedal. Is that normal? I have a DFGT wheel.

I have no assists on.

Just see if your brake pedal has the red bar showing on the controllers screen, to see if it is active even when not pushing. If it is, try a little deadzone to remove it. Is this the only game you have the issue?

Also, lifting off the throttle in the trucks there is a lot of retardation even without the brakes, so double check they are actually coming on and it isn't just the weight of the heavy trucks shifting.

Just see if your brake pedal has the red bar showing on the controllers screen, to see if it is active even when not pushing. If it is, try a little deadzone to remove it. Is this the only game you have the issue?

Also, lifting off the throttle in the trucks there is a lot of retardation even without the brakes, so double check they are actually coming on and it isn't just the weight of the heavy trucks shifting.
I've checked in the controllers screen: it is, indeed, coming on even when not pushing it. This is the only game where this happens (including GSCE, that is, it doesn't happen in GSCE).
What deadzone thing should I look at? There are loads of deadzone options and I don't have a clue what's for what.

I just fixed it! All's well.
I reassigned the brake as being the brake in the control/button assignment thing. I don't think i actually changed anything, just reassigned it to what it had been already.
Thanks for your help, Nox :)

Reactions: Nox
SLI is pretty much broken in GSC, rFactor 1, etc. unless you play in 3D, then not only do you getpositive SLI scaling, but it's almost perfect SLI scaling. Almost 100% (double) the framerate.

If you pump in a lot of super intense forms of AA from the NVidia control panel / Inspector then that may be able to hide the broken SLI of the game itself because that should be helped by SLI regardless of the game itself's good/bad SLI support.

Since there's no official bug-thread, please, let me raise couple of things here.

I'm using most recent Steam version. All settings on max.

1. AI problem at Jacarepagua:
On main straight every truck hitting an outer curb gets bumped
19muya.jpg

2. LED lights look visibly strange (squary):
2mgugu.jpg

3. Sky problem at Jacarepagua 2005:
3q6uwx.jpg

Those were my issues. Now the question part:

Watching Goiania onboards I noticed that every car slows down on the main straight right after start/finish line. You can see this happens in the videos:

@ 03:31, 06:09, 16:50 etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al9S-2ympFk
@ 02:25, 04:16, 06:10, 08:04, 10:38 etc...

It does not look like typical braking before the corner, because the drivers decelerate and then accelerate again. To me it looks like some bump-place or something like that where trucks have to slow down a bit for safety (most certain) reasons.

I like the "Added options to switch qualifying off and manually set grid position" but is this only available in single race?

I would like to have the option for random start position in Championship as I can't be bothered doing the qualifying ;)

Another question:

Looks like the series is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, and some beautiful trucks are remembered on the official channel on a daily basis, like this one:
Are there ANY plans or at least debates inside the team to bring some classic trucks to mod-life?

Finally!.........

I found I could either have the circuit detail or shadows set to medium.........either one would stop the stutter/skip along the pit straight.

I then started to look at the Sky Update Frames.........I found the more I increased the number the stutter/skip would become less.

I then put in 3000 which has completely stopped the stutter/skip and now I'm able to run with max shadows and full circuit detail.

I'm not sure if changing the number that high has effected anything else but so far all appears to be running fine.

Did you try this:

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • Added a default player profile (if you already have created a profile you might have to switch back to it from the PROFILE menu);
  • If field of view in-cockpit is too close, check DEFAULT Vertical FOV so it is not set to DEFAULT value (set it to 50 if you want the proper default value);
  • If you have created a new player profile and are experiencing the graphical microstutterinmg, open your USERDATA\Playername\Playername.PLR, and look for these lines:
Shadow Updates="127" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
Sky Update Frames="8" // Frames between sky and light updates

Change it to:

Shadow Updates="8" // Static shadow updates per frame (Shadow Updates * Sky Update Frames should exceed number of static shadows on track)
Sky Update Frames="150" // Frames between sky and light updates

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 275 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing