Brake Calibration Question

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
Could anyone give me some advice on calibrating the brake on my clubsport v3s? I was previously setting the minimum for all three pedals, then pushing the brake as hard as a could and setting the max. However, some kind folk here pointed out when I was posting a hotlap video that I wasn't using maximum braking capacity.

I have now calibrated it with less pressure at max, but I am locking up a lot. Is there a best practice way to calibrate my brake?

I f you were confident and comfortable ( and fast enough for your expections) with the first way than thats the right technique for you.
It´s not about numbers on the screen but about feel for the car.
So if you are using most of the tyre without locking up und can hit that spot again and again, all is well.

As I am rather "impulsive" on the brakes myself I really like a stiff pedal.
( Especially when racing online I mostly stomp the pedal when under pressure.
So instead of training away a 25 year habit/ near reflex I set my pedals up for the terminator and it works better :cool:)

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
Thanks. I will have an experiment and see how I get on. I was braking too late and trail braking too heavily into the corner, so I will try and carry on braking and aiming to release them before turn in - but getting the brakes at the point where they are about to lock before I release the pedal.

Upvote 0
For me finding the threshhold and brake release for trailbraking are easier with a heavy pedal.

As long as your rig/seat are stiff enough so that the flex and creaking does not distract you.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%