Brake bias

After trying AC a while ago and not liking it, I decided to give it another chance and returned after a looong brake. I have to admit it has improved a lot, and I somehow enjoy it now. However I have some questions regarding brake balance.

Why is it so much forward in AC? I didn't have much time to drive all the cars yet, but for instance, 2017 Porsche 911 RSR starts at 55%, and even though it seems to be very much front biased for a Porsche, I have trouble not locking the rears.

Moreover I have hard time feeling brakes locking when trailbraking (I have all the canned effects set to 0) and I loose time because I tend to not brake hard enough being afraid to lock the brakes. It's a bit like driving in the dark. If I shift the bias even more forward, like to say 59-60% it gets way better, but 60% brake bias for a 911 RSR doesn't sound right.
BTW, this is not for Bathurst, where you shift the bias a bit more forward. I tested on Zandvoort.

I have much better feeling of the brakes in rF2 when it comes to Porsche. Is Assetto calculating the bias differently?

Real world race crafts I raced, you want as much front break as possible, without locking up the front. On the RSR, I have %64-63 front. Also, in your brake pedal settings, you want a curve in your brake pressure to %100, default its near linear.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%