PC2 Brake bias question

I was testing brake bias on GT3 cars (Ferrari, Porsche) yesterday and i found this:

When rear wheels lock first, huge oversteer.

When both wheels lock at the same time, huge oversteer.

At this point, setting brake bias more to the front makes the front wheels to lock first, but the car keeps oversteering.

To get understeer effect i need to put much more brake bias to the front from this point, the fact that the front wheels are locking first is not enough to reach understeer.

Do you think it is realistic or is it a physics issue that at some point, the front wheels lock first while you still get a lot of oversteer as if the rear wheels were locking first?

Oversteer on braking is not always related to the brake bias and increasing the friction of the coast differential might help, if brake bias seems to have no effect. Also decreasing the brake pressure helps in many cars and i lowered even the global brake sensitivity from 50 to 30, which acts like the same for every car.

But i guess you use the wrong technique, because the Ferrari is rather understeering on default the last time i checked it. Maybe you brake too late and take the corners too sharp, so the weight shift happens too quickly. My advice: Brake as much in the straight line as possible (better not lock your tyres at all), ease off the brake while turning into the apex (trailbraking) and coast as little as possible. The apex should always be the slowest point of a corner and many people are not fast, because they are running too fast in the apex and screwing up the exit plus having other issues. You can watch real onboard videos or fast people like Jardier on Youtube to learn how to brake. Slow in, fast out is the key.

PS: Learning for example an LMP3 car like the Ginetta G57 might help as well. If you brake too late or take the corner too fast, it just understeers like crazy, so more of the opposite. If you do it right, it's very fun to drive and might counter-correct some bad driving habits.

Last edited:
Oversteer on braking is not always related to the brake bias and increasing the friction of the coast differential might help, if brake bias seems to have no effect. Also decreasing the brake pressure helps in many cars and i lowered even the global brake sensitivity from 50 to 30, which acts like the same for every car.

But i guess you use the wrong technique, because the Ferrari is rather understeering on default the last time i checked it. Maybe you brake too late and take the corners too sharp, so the weight shift happens too quickly. My advice: Brake as much in the straight line as possible (better not lock your tyres at all), ease off the brake while turning into the apex (trailbraking) and coast as little as possible. The apex should always be the slowest point of a corner and many people are not fast, because they are running too fast in the apex and screwing up the exit plus having other issues. You can watch real onboard videos or fast people like Jardier on Youtube to learn how to brake. Slow in, fast out is the key.

PS: Learning for example an LMP3 car like the Ginetta G57 might help as well. If you brake too late or take the corner too fast, it just understeers like crazy, so more of the opposite. If you do it right, it's very fun to drive and might counter-correct some bad driving habits.

No i'm not using using the wrong technique, where exactly is that differential option?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back