F1 2012 Brake balance and side menus

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I am having a real hard time figureing out the side menus for car adjustment. I have a G25 wheel and a button box. Where do you guys map them?
I am having problems both making the menu appear but mostly applying changes. I am racing an F1 car, I cannot be messing around with buttons that don;t work and menus that disappear on me.

I especially tried using the brake balance. I am used for it to be mapped to 2 buttons. But instead here you first have to call the side menu, then you have to navigate and I have no idea if I applied it or not. Most of the time, the menu disappears by the time I find the right keys to move it up or down.

Most of the time, my engineer is telling me that I am locking the back, while I can see I am locking the fronts big time. So I ignore it. But it would be nice to be able to change the balance, it's just too cumbersome for me or I am unclear of the concept.

The other menu on the right side, most of the time doesn't even appear, but even if it does I wouldn't know what to do with it. Again, I am supposed to be driving a F1 car. Not messing around with popup windows.

That menu for brake bias, engine management and tyre selection all work as a Up, Down, Left, Right menu.

For instance, to select front brake bias, you would press down, to activate the menu, down again, to select 'brakes', and up, to select 'Front'.

I have a DFP and I have that particular menu mapped to my D-pad, and since I use paddles to shift I have look behind and car status mapped to my gearstick, as I don't have much room.

I am getting better at it, but still it seems unnecessarily cumbersome when one button could be mapped to + and one to - like most other games do.
An what I don;t like, there seems to be no feedback on whetehr it took or not (and when it does take, I can hardly tell the difference. Try doing that in GTR2 or rFactor and see how you spin at the next turn)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%