Brabham @ Nordschleife, too hard? Or am I too soft?

One of my favourite combos in AC and pCars is taking the lovely Lotus 49 out for a spin on the Green Hell, so I figured I'd try the Brabham around there in rF2, but I can't keep the damned thing on the black! I'm going off everywhere, even with the road set to "Glue" as preset.... ><
Is it me, the track or the car? Is it supposed to be this difficult?
The version of schleife I've been testing is this;
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nordschleife.1254/
The car is the ISI Brabham BT20.

This is a tough combo. The car is not easy to drive. So on in the green hell you need to have a forgiving setup, know the track in detail (often you need to think a few corners ahead) and you never you be completely at the limit. Max 95%. Then you should be able to do some laps in a row without crashing.

Maybe try to understand the car better at some shorter easier tracks like old spa or brianza.

This is a tough combo. The car is not easy to drive. So on in the green hell you need to have a forgiving setup, know the track in detail (often you need to think a few corners ahead) and you never you be completely at the limit. Max 95%. Then you should be able to do some laps in a row without crashing.

Maybe try to understand the car better at some shorter easier tracks like old spa or brianza.
But is it supposed to be THAT much harder to drive than the Lotus 49 in AC and pCars on the very same track? I have no issues taking on those challenges, ofc I'm making the occasional mistake, but I'm not going off every other corner like in the Brabham.
I know the track like the back of my hand by now, so I think I'd rather continue practicing on there, unless this version of the ring is particularly tricky for some reason (more than AC and pCars I mean).

But is it supposed to be THAT much harder to drive than the Lotus 49 in AC and pCars on the very same track? I have no issues taking on those challenges, ofc I'm making the occasional mistake, but I'm not going off every other corner like in the Brabham.
I know the track like the back of my hand by now, so I think I'd rather continue practicing on there, unless this version of the ring is particularly tricky for some reason (more than AC and pCars I mean).

AC and pCars have way more stable default setups and rFactor 2 is simply less forgiving. So yes it is supposed to be THAT much harder.

Tweak the setup for better stability but, aside from that - the Brabham requires a very soft touch with smooth inputs. It can take a while to transition to the different grip levels. The difference in grip cues can take a while to tune into.

I would seriously recommend doing what Simon suggests there.
You know the track but it seems the car will be easier to learn/setup on a short predictable track.

no more advice but an unusual video for you

Brabham made very user friendly racing cars. My limited experience with rF2 (not the Brabham) indicated setup was critical. Relatively small changes in setup could transform the Corvette from a nightmare with the default setup to something similarly forgiving as the Corvette in GTR2 or GTR Evo.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.5%