Cars Brabham BT62 shadow and AI problems

I have problems with Official Brabham BT62 car.
CSP version is: 0.1.79-preview5
Sol version is: 2.2.2

When i set this car as an AI, the cars rear axle is automatically broken in half. No matter the map, it always is like this.
image_2022-07-04_190258480.png
Also the shadow is broken and there doesnt seem to be a fix for it
image_2022-07-04_185532482.png
image_2022-07-04_185632820.png

Have you found a fix? just had this problem with a mod I'm working on.

EDIT: So I did a little experimenting, and figured it was 3DSIMED that definitely screwed up the undercarriage normals some how. I had a backup duplicate of the mod I was working on and swapped parts from that.
Not sure if you could do the same but the problem is DEFINITELY 3DSIM and its less than subpar exporter.

I now export to kn5 through KSEditor.

Last edited:
3dsimed actually disables meshes from casting shadows, I don't know what the exact logic is (maybe some optimization that works in other games) but it's not about the normals as far as I know. It shouldn't be a step in your process if you can help it, 3dsmax/blender exported to fbx into kseditor is the way that gets support. And then in the other direction, CM showroom to fbx to 3dsmax/blender, as it creates the persistence files correctly.

Last edited:
3dsimed actually disables meshes from casting shadows, I don't know what the exact logic is (maybe some optimization that works in other games) but it's not about the normals as far as I know. It shouldn't be a step in your process if you can help it, 3dsmax/blender exported to fbx into kseditor is the way that gets support. And then in the other direction, CM showroom to fbx to 3dsmax/blender, as it creates the persistence files correctly.
I've adopted the Blender direct to KSE since then, but I would definitely like anybody reading this in the future to know.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%